with Nicki Fitz-Gerald & Susan Tuttle
HALF PRICE INTRODUCTORY OFFER:

Susan Tuttle and I are excited to be back with
our ALL NEW video tutorial series:

iColorama Creative PLUS

A brand new course with a fresh set of tutorials exploring
the amazing artistic possibilities of creating art from photos
shot with your smartphone.

But this iColorama course is different…..

https://www.myphotoartisticlife.com/p/icolorama-creative-plus

Thanks for this Rodolfo. :thumbs: I wonder if this is a new course, or a rerun of their previous course?

We do have some fab tutorials here on Mobitog by one of the foremost experts on iColorama - who has worked with the developer of that wonderful app - in the shape of juryjone Jerry Jobe. The various tutorials are here:
https://mobitog.com/resources/categories/tutorials.1/
And best of all, they’re FREE!:lol:

I wonder if this is a new course, or a rerun of their previous course?
Looks like a new course. The blurb says

What's Brand New In iColorama Creative PLUS? Lots of Stuff!
  • Creating Artistic Treatments with the Warp, Wave, and Glass Effects.
  • Employing the New Triangle Effect.
  • An In-Depth Look at Ray 2.
  • Blur, Light, Raised, and HDR Effects.
  • Sepia Treatments, Glow, and the New Rebound>Loss Preset.
  • Simplify, Denoise, and Sharpen Effects ... and Vibrance to Make Images POP.
  • Creating Borders from Stained Paper.
  • Creating Text Frame and Controlling Typography.
  • Using the New TextCurve Tool (iColorama’s Best Kept Secret!) to Wrap Text Around Curves, Lines, and Shapes.
  • Using Masks and Threshold to Preserve Key Elements in a Composition.
  • Employing Dynamic Brush Effects (Sort, Splatter, Explode) to Energize an Image and Create Movement.
  • And lots more!

(I had absolutely no idea there was a text curve tool!)

https://enthusiasmnoted.wordpress.c...turn-with-tips-on-icoloramas-text-on-a-curve/

Nicki and Susan take a different viewpoint in their courses. Their videos work more like one of my procedural, which show you a work and how I used iColorama to get there. It is in some ways more appealing to artists who have a vision they want to accomplish. Most of my tutorials explain an app or a function within an app like iColorama. I then give several examples of how the app or function can be used.

The drawback I see in their take (the “procedural” way) is that if the reader/viewer is not moved by a particular work, explaining how that work was achieved is not as valuable as seeing multiple examples of different types that may spark an idea of how it can be used in their own work.

Susan and Nicki were gracious enough to allow me to view their previous courses free of charge, but I have not checked yet with the new one. I will say that their previous iColorama Creative course was heavily weighted towards brushes. The “new” things that are listed above are truly new to their courses - it’s not just a rehash!

OUT TODAY! – ALL NEW
iPhone & iPad Photo ART course

with Nicki Fitz-Gerald & Susan Tuttle
HALF PRICE INTRODUCTORY OFFER:

Susan Tuttle and I are excited to be back with
our ALL NEW video tutorial series:

iColorama Creative PLUS

A brand new course with a fresh set of tutorials exploring
the amazing artistic possibilities of creating art from photos
shot with your smartphone.

But this iColorama course is different…..

https://www.myphotoartisticlife.com/p/icolorama-creative-plus
At one point they had a taster of their original course and I tried it out but it was very basic. I do find that I so often don’t learn much on these courses because I know a lot more than I think. They are very good with their rhetoric so it sounds more wonderful than it is.

Looks like a new course. The blurb says

What's Brand New In iColorama Creative PLUS? Lots of Stuff!
  • Creating Artistic Treatments with the Warp, Wave, and Glass Effects.
  • Employing the New Triangle Effect.
  • An In-Depth Look at Ray 2.
  • Blur, Light, Raised, and HDR Effects.
  • Sepia Treatments, Glow, and the New Rebound>Loss Preset.
  • Simplify, Denoise, and Sharpen Effects ... and Vibrance to Make Images POP.
  • Creating Borders from Stained Paper.
  • Creating Text Frame and Controlling Typography.
  • Using the New TextCurve Tool (iColorama’s Best Kept Secret!) to Wrap Text Around Curves, Lines, and Shapes.
  • Using Masks and Threshold to Preserve Key Elements in a Composition.
  • Employing Dynamic Brush Effects (Sort, Splatter, Explode) to Energize an Image and Create Movement.
  • And lots more!

I’m afraid they have told me everything I need to know. I can now go and find out for myself.

I’m afraid they have told me everything I need to know. I can now go and find out for myself.
Yes, but you have no fear of experimenting. There are many, unfortunately, who feel they need their hand held, who need a “formula”. Those people find much to like in their courses. I like to think that they will eventually find their own way, but we all have encountered artists who develop a look they like and NEVER stray from it in the slightest. I think it’s a shame, but if it makes them feel happy and fulfilled, why should I judge?

Yes, but you have no fear of experimenting. There are many, unfortunately, who feel they need their hand held, who need a “formula”. Those people find much to like in their courses. I like to think that they will eventually find their own way, but we all have encountered artists who develop a look they like and NEVER stray from it in the slightest. I think it’s a shame, but if it makes them feel happy and fulfilled, why should I judge?
Well said.

I hope that’s true, but it seems that on the Facebook group there are still many questions. It is a difficult app to master, and even expert users can find features they weren’t aware of.
I think the biggest problem is that the creator of the app is the only person who really knows what some of the options do and it hasn’t been very well documented by her. It’s just one of those apps that you need to experiment loads with.

Thanks for this Rodolfo. :thumbs: I wonder if this is a new course, or a rerun of their previous course?

We do have some fab tutorials here on Mobitog by one of the foremost experts on iColorama - who has worked with the developer of that wonderful app - in the shape of juryjone Jerry Jobe. The various tutorials are here:
https://mobitog.com/resources/categories/tutorials.1/
And best of all, they’re FREE!:lol:
Doh!! I’m obviously late to the party... that link doesn’t appear to work.

Just purchased the app... now I need to find out how to use it :whistle:

I wrote a lot of tutorials on iColorama that range from discussion of menu choices to procedurals to brush workflows. I know that I didn’t cover everything, so I’m always available here at MobiTog to answer specific questions. Just tag me in a post and I’ll come running.

I wrote a lot of tutorials on iColorama that range from discussion of menu choices to procedurals to brush workflows. I know that I didn’t cover everything, so I’m always available here at MobiTog to answer specific questions. Just tag me in a post and I’ll come running.
Cheers matey... Much appreciated.

Sorry about that. Forums>App Tutorials has some tutorials on iColorama by Jerry and Ann, but here’s a link to Jerry’s website where there are lots of tutorials - not just on iColorama. Enjoy and see you sometime next year. :lmao: https://enthusiasmnoted.wordpress.c...-icolorama-6-simplifying-the-creation-of-art/
It's good to be roped up with a trusted partner on the other end before you go too far in there.
Yes, caution is advised. Leave a line so someone can pull you out when you’ve been sucked into the abyss. Time loses all meaning. :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom