Image of the Month ****Image of the Month September****RESULT..

Interesting how there's a majority B&W winners in the Image of the Month challenge.
Clipboard01.jpg

Even for colour pics there's mostly a reduced palette.
WOTANICUS's win is now the 12th B&W of 17 winners.

Last edited:
Interesting how there's a mojority B&W winners in the Image of the Month challenge.
View attachment 172191
It's fun to think about what might be in play here. Color is hard to do well, certainly. The four images of mine in this group are all b/w. I'm not sure about the hat photo, but the cat, the lovers, and the hands I posted in b/w because they didn't fit the MobiColour theme for that period.

It's fun to think about what might be in play here. Color is hard to do well, certainly. The four images of mine in this group are all b/w. I'm not sure about the hat photo, but the cat, the lovers, and the hands I posted in b/w because they didn't fit the MobiColour theme for that period.
I end up coverting pics to B&W so I can post them. The B&W thread has no theme and is more inclusive for it. With the Colour thread you often have to shot to the brief and get fewer good shots that way.
A no theme week (bi-week) seems to garner more pictures.

I end up coverting pics to B&W so I can post them. The B&W thread has no theme and is more inclusive for it. With the Colour thread you often have to shot to the brief and get fewer good shots that way.
Same here. I often keep color versions to print or post on IG because I think some look better that way, even when I post them here in b/w.

Maybe B&W is a more pure form than colour. Colour can wow many but you have to do something a bit more with B&W to get the wow.
Color has a lot of power to grab, but it's hard to control. A vivid color street scene, for example, will drag your attention all over the place rather than focusing it. Maybe that accounts for the subdued palette of the color winners here as well.

Color has a lot of power to grab, but it's hard to control. A vivid color street scene, for example, will drag your attention all over the place rather than focusing it. Maybe that accounts for the subdued palette of the color winners here as well.
Maybe.

Colour is also like sugar. It offers a big hit without the need for any depth. For a B&W to stir you it has to hit some deeper note that resonates with more than what your inner sugar junkie craves.

Wow is it really 8th October :oops:

Without further ado, the winner for the month of September with the 3rd ever highest score (beaten only by JillyG and Geek1956)
IS
WOTANICUS
View attachment 172186
Well done Bill, a clear winner :thumbs:

October IOTM is now open.
Congrats and well deserved. Not that I have a day off I’ll put this up on Instagram. This working thing is interrupting my lifestyle.

Interesting how there's a majority B&W winners in the Image of the Month challenge.
View attachment 172191
You certainly get more bang for your buck with B/W - it serves to focus the eye. Ive certainly been more drawn to mon work since i found Argentum and Blackie.

WOW, a cracking iMage for this Month’s IOTM Winner, congratulations Bill WOTANICUS, an excellent post… :notworthy:

And well done everyone else whose iMage was selected, another great Month showcasing the multiplicity of talent we have here on MobiTog for our everyday delectation… :inlove:

Back
Top Bottom