Image of the Month IMAGE of the Month???

That runs the risk of people losing interest and focus i think. Just at a practical level, I don't go back through the threads I'm involved with once we've moved on and wouldn't feel much like doing so. I think you'd lose people.
Yes that's what I thought, keep it real time then.

I like Image of the Month. How's the judging going to work?
Oh easy :lol: not judging but voting.

I'll declare it closed at the end of the month and then anyone but especially the people that have nominated, then get 3 votes. So even if they have made all the 4 nominations allowed and they insist on voting for all their nominated images, they will still have to ditch one. Of course someone else may have nominated something they fancy more and they will vote accordingly.
1st vote 5 points
2nd vote 3 points
3rd vote 1 point
then after a set period, maybe a week I'll add up the votes and declare a winner.........phew!! It does mean a fair amount of participation but hey, why are we here.

Now pick holes in my theory ;)

Oh easy :lol: not judging but voting.

I'll declare it closed at the end of the month and then anyone but especially the people that have nominated, then get 3 votes. So even if they have made all the 4 nominations allowed and they insist on voting for all their nominated images, they will still have to ditch one. Of course someone else may have nominated something they fancy more and they will vote accordingly.
1st vote 5 points
2nd vote 3 points
3rd vote 1 point
then after a set period, maybe a week I'll add up the votes and declare a winner.........phew!! It does mean a fair amount of participation but hey, why are we here.

Now pick holes in my theory ;)
That sounds fine. I'm wondering how we're going to identify the images -- not everybody titles their images, and we can't have a bunch of "Untitled". I guess we could do it by the name and number of the nominator ("terse 1 of 4"), although if we do, it'd be good to make sure the name of the photog gets in the post somewhere. If there's a better idea, I'm for it.

That sounds fine. I'm wondering how we're going to identify the images -- not everybody titles their images, and we can't have a bunch of "Untitled". I guess we could do it by the name and number of the nominator ("terse 1 of 4"), although if we do, it'd be good to make sure the name of the photog gets in the post somewhere. If there's a better idea, I'm for it.
Ah now this thought did occur to me this morning but then work got in the way :lol: I did think of making sure people number their entries so that when voting gets underway we can just say for example......
5 pts for number 7
3 pts for number 1
1 pts for number 5
because it doesn't matter who nominates it (as long as they only nominate 4) it matters more who the image belongs to. This is where I may need help from an admin who can occasionally tidy up the numbering after something's been posted.
Also we probably need to decide the easiest way to repost someone else's image, something that always defeats me :confused:

Ah now this thought did occur to me this morning but then work got in the way :lol: I did think of making sure people number their entries so that when voting gets underway we can just say for example......
5 pts for number 7
3 pts for number 1
1 pts for number 5
Works for me.

It might also be nice if you add a little message on the thread of where you found the image like 'This image has been nominated for the image of the month thread' so they know if they are not too familiar with how things work and they can look out for it at the end of the month.

Am I making this too complicated? I'll do the donkey work people just need to follow :)

It might also be nice if you add a little message on the thread of where you found the image like 'This image has been nominated for the image of the month thread' so they know if they are not too familiar with how things work and they can look out for it at the end of the month.

Am I making this too complicated? I'll do the donkey work people just need to follow:)
It'll work itself out after a bit. Should we include the name of the artist when posting a nomination? I notice you didn't in your first candidate from rizole.

Also we probably need to decide the easiest way to repost someone else's image, something that always defeats me
Should probably be part of the rules at the start of the thread???
So how do I add an image to the thread? I know a couple or three ways to add images, what's the recommended way?

:sneaky: That could be part of the rules perhaps? :rolleyes: I'm not sure so how do non-lifers manage?

I could be over thinking this of course.

So how do I add an image to the thread? I know a couple or three ways to add images, what's the recommended way?

:sneaky: That could be part of the rules perhaps? :rolleyes: I'm not sure so how do non-lifers manage?

I could be over thinking this of course.
I just copied and pasted, I dunno really, just made it up as I went along. Recommended not sure there is one, ask the Mods I guess.

I just copied and pasted, I dunno really, just made it up as I went along. Recommended not sure there is one, ask the Mods I guess.
From your PC or from your mobile?

On MacOS, I can't right-click on most images. I have to click the image so that it opens in that sort of lightbox overlay and then right-click on that to copy the image.

On iOS, I can't even do that. I have to tap on the image to get the lightbox overlay and then tap on the icon with the up-left point arrow (quick! before it disappears!) to open it in a new window, and then I can finally tap and hold to get the contextual menu to copy or else copy the URL from the address bar.

If there's a quicker way to do either of those, I haven't found it. And I think a description-suitable-for-newcomers of those would be too long for the thread intro.

(Hoping somebody here has a better way that I've missed.)

I'd say 80% of my time on Mobitog is on PC, which is slightly ironic and yes if you open the image in a new window you can right click copy and then paste into the thread.
I assume no one that uses Mobitog would mind their images being copied this way? It just moving it from place to place really.
Trying to do that on a mobile would probably defeat me, my eyes are not as good as they used to be :D

On MacOS, I can't right-click on most images. I have to click the image so that it opens in that sort of lightbox overlay and then right-click on that to copy the image.

On iOS, I can't even do that. I have to tap on the image to get the lightbox overlay and then tap on the icon with the up-left point arrow (quick! before it disappears!) to open it in a new window, and then I can finally tap and hold to get the contextual menu to copy or else copy the URL from the address bar.

If there's a quicker way to do either of those, I haven't found it. And I think a description-suitable-for-newcomers of those would be too long for the thread intro.

(Hoping somebody here has a better way that I've missed.)
On iOS I tap the image and it creates that dialogue of the image with the icons at the top. Then I press down on the image with my finger until a menu comes up with 3 options, one of which is Add to photos.

I just lightly tap on an image I want to save to my camera roll. It opens up and then there’s a box with a right facing arrow in it. I click on that and the photo opens in a new tab. I then hold my finger on the photo and a box opens up and I choose add to photos.

75EF7CA2-4DB6-48F7-BDD0-3F05C9282D85.jpeg

77A46D64-8CAF-486A-8F7A-DCE85EB81EB5.png

I just lightly tap on an image I want to save to my camera roll. It opens up and then there’s a box with a right facing arrow in it. I click on that and the photo opens in a new tab. I then hold my finger on the photo and a box opens up and I choose add to photos.

View attachment 157589

View attachment 157588
Then if you want to post the image in the Image of the Month thread, you have to upload it again. That works -- I'm just hoping to find a quicker way. (Plus, if you have other people's photos hanging around in your Camera Roll, you run the risk of forgetting where they came from and accidentally posting them as your own, as I did with one of sinnerjohn's photos once upon a time. :rolleyes::lmao: )

You could copy the URL out of the address bar in your second screenshot and use that to link the image into a post without the download/reupload.

I'm over thinking it. I can do all what you all said, no problem but thanks for coming back to me.
I was trying to repost other peoples stuff, keep it attributed to them and have it show up on the front page carousel. All those things aren't possible in one go and I kind of already knew that from juding the B&W and colour threads but wasn't completely sure before now.

Then if you want to post the image in the Image of the Month thread, you have to upload it again. That works -- I'm just hoping to find a quicker way. (Plus, if you have other people's photos hanging around in your Camera Roll, you run the risk of forgetting where they came from and accidentally posting them as your own, as I did with one of sinnerjohn's photos once upon a time. :rolleyes::lmao: )

You could copy the URL out of the address bar in your second screenshot and use that to link the image into a post without the download/reupload.
You were clearly mentally scarred by that experience.:D It is a problem reposting someone else’s image from your own camera roll, as rizole Rizole says. Clicking on a link to take you to the home of the image seems like adding another process (which it is/does) that might be offputting and, for me, having all of the actual images in a thread and being able to scroll through, seeing them all in one place, seems better to me.

View attachment 157589

View attachment 157588
That works -- I'm just hoping to find a quicker way.
You can also choose “Copy” instead of “Add to photos”, then create a post and paste... it will automatically attach as a file, then you can insert it. And no running back to your camera roll to delete the image.

Back
Top Bottom