Image Transfer

dalgeri

HipstaWhore... ?
Real Name
Davinia
I was hoping to do a series of four of these image transfers, but the first one hasn't turned out as well as I hoped.
I printed the image on plain computer paper, applied gel medium to an inexpensive canvas I had painted and when the gel medium was dry i spritzed the image with water and by rubbing in a gentle circular motion started to remove the paper. But it's not as vibrant as I was hoping for, as there's still quite a bit of paper left on the image and if I rub too hard I start to lose the image. So it's back to the drawing board.
This is the original image
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1371618530.301150.jpg

After editing in Laminar Pro
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1371618570.254745.jpg

The final product
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1371618617.887759.jpg

I posted a tutorial on my photo blog if anyone is interested. daviniasdailyphoto.blogspot.com.au. Disregard the "daily" bit, I've been a bit lazy uploading a photo everyday.

I like the end result. I agree it's not as saturated as the original but I gather they never are.
Nice blog, read the post there and have it bookmarked so I can go back and see more of your posts.

Everything I have read and done with image transfer says we are supposed to embrace the happy accidents. I do like ths DASS transfer processes, still more of an art form than a science, but I wish there was more control in the process. The "Happy Accidents" are not always as successful as yours.

Back
Top Bottom