ImageArt’s Project 365 - 2022

Mon 1 Aug

Stuck indoors today which was a shame because it was a nice sunny day. Everybody else working and somebody needed to be home to let in the repair man and accept deliveries.

Stroking Tammy. Is that not a complete look of satisfaction?

CA0769C1-C774-46BE-BCA0-FEADAFEC3F59.jpeg

Sun 7 Aug

Namibia Day 2 - Aus

Apart from the vast bare plains and mountainous landscape, which makes up a lot of Namibia, Aus is famous for it’s wild horses and walking trails. We went for a short hike to the top of a small rocky hill to look down on the plains where the wild horses roam.

If you zoom in on this first image you will see one horse on the right edge of the photo about half way up.

6D819DF7-F025-4D16-BFD4-4C6B8D8BFF7C.jpeg

On our way to Aus, I see an ostrich caught in a fence. We turn back and at first glance it looks like the bird is well dead but as we are pulling away it struggles and we realise it is very much alive so we stop. The poor creature got it’s foot tightly stuck in the wire at the top of the fence while it was trying to get over. It’s mate, on the other side, has run off although I didn’t see this. We flag down a lorry driver to see if he has any wire cutters. Our friend gives the bird a long drink of water (picture 1) and I then cover the bird’s head to keep it subdued (picture 2) so that the lorry driver can free the foot using a hammer. My sister and I then turn the bird away from the fence to free both legs and move away quickly to avoid the legs while our friend takes away the ’blindfold’. The poor bird tries to stand up once but sits down panting. I think it was pretty exhausted and shocked. We left it there hoping it wouldn’t try and leap the fence again and we contacted someone at the next town who apparently got hold of the local farmer.

I was so concerned about helping the bird, I didn’t even think of taking a photo but here are stills from a video my sister took on her iPhone 8.

0AD7B0BC-EB2B-4909-81AE-4383173A9931.jpeg

On our way to Aus, I see an ostrich caught in a fence. We turn back and at first glance it looks like the bird is well dead but as we are pulling away it struggles and we realise it is very much alive so we stop. The poor creature got it’s foot tightly stuck in the wire at the top of the fence while it was trying to get over. It’s mate, on the other side, has run off although I didn’t see this. We flag down a lorry driver to see if he has any wire cutters. Our friend gives the bird a long drink of water (picture 1) and I then cover the bird’s head to keep it subdued (picture 2) so that the lorry driver can free the foot using a hammer. My sister and I then turn the bird away from the fence to free both legs and move away quickly to avoid the legs while our friend takes away the ’blindfold’. The poor bird tries to stand up once but sits down panting. I think it was pretty exhausted and shocked. We left it there hoping it wouldn’t try and leap the fence again and we contacted someone at the next town who apparently got hold of the local farmer.

I was so concerned about helping the bird, I didn’t even think of taking a photo but here are stills from a video my sister took on her iPhone 8.

View attachment 184247
Wow!

Back
Top Bottom