ImageArt’s Project 365 - 2022

Mon 10 Jan

I’ve been struggling to get a time lapse of my amaryllis and the main flower, flowered overnight :rolleyes: when my iphone was off. Then my darling DH moved the flower because the back bud had hit the window not thinking that I didn’t want it moved. So I abandoned that time lapse. So here’s two of the images on Monday as it was starting to blossom. Interesting to see how much it changed in just 1hr 35min

Taken at 5.39pm
View attachment 175229
Taken at 7.16
View attachment 175228
A lot!

Thanks, John. All Snapseed. Mostly tuning reducing the warm, a 16:9 crop with a touch of glamour glow. I was always amazed at what RoseCat achieved with Snapseed and the filter apps don’t always do it for me.
Ah ok, wouldn't have guessed that. I'm too used to the 'sledgehammer' edits I see from Snapseed. This is a lot more subtle, I very much like the frame too.

Finally got a time-lapse. Didn’t get the lighting quite right and had to leave the lounge light on all night. Started at 7.50pm and ended at 5.30am so just short of 10 hours. Frame every 5 mins.

4EA7D494-9551-4E89-9A6D-1B356A4A4498.gif

Last edited:
Wed 12 Jan

Was up early this morning to sort out the electrician at our future home. From here and on the way to golf, I stopped off at the local common because it was such a spectacular morning.

They put up a pay-as-you-go parking meter in the parking lot about 8 years ago and I stopped going there (£1 an hour.. seriously!? and in the middle of nowhere because it’s vast and they want to encourage people to exercise??). Glad to see that they have taken that down. Wouldn’t be surprised if it cost more to maintain or that it was being vandalised at night. Now I have my old walking place back and it’s close to where I will be living so YAY!

D2376B99-18EB-4369-8D1C-8DF655746767.jpeg

Snapseed

However, the golf course was pretty stunning too if a wee bit cold!

1C44C746-26ED-4BE3-8D5B-98C4A803A2D1.jpeg

No edits

AF42F8CD-D74D-4C81-AB9F-717F098B4EFE.jpeg

Snapseed

Wed 12 Jan

Was up early this morning to sort out the electrician at our future home. From here and on the way to golf, I stopped off at the local common because it was such a spectacular morning.

They put up a pay-as-you-go parking meter in the parking lot about 8 years ago and I stopped going there (£1 an hour.. seriously!? and in the middle of nowhere because it’s vast and they want to encourage people to exercise??). Glad to see that they have taken that down. Wouldn’t be surprised if it cost more to maintain or that it was being vandalised at night. Now I have my old walking place back and it’s close to where I will be living so YAY!

View attachment 175249
Snapseed

View attachment 175250
No edits

View attachment 175251
Snapseed
All three are wonderful. The perfect photo walk!

Finally got a time-lapse. Didn’t get the lighting quite right and had to leave the lounge light on all night. Started at 7.50pm and ended at 5.30am so just short of 10 hours. Frame every 5 mins.

View attachment 175248
Wow - this is magic. We bought two new amaryllises today on sale for only about 2 euros :whistle:

Wed 12 Jan

View attachment 175249
Snapseed

View attachment 175250
No edits

View attachment 175251
Snapseed
The perfect winter morning light :thumbs::inlove:

Wed 12 Jan

View attachment 175249
Snapseed

View attachment 175250
No edits

View attachment 175251
Snapseed
That last image is a beauty.

Fri 14 Jan

Was another great day to be outside with the frost, mist and sun but I had to be at home to have two different repairs done. Left without hot water yesterday. So it’s a bit boring today - a parakeet sunning itself in next door‘s tree.

For the folks who don’t know, apparently the abundance of the parakeets in this area was caused by their escape during the filming of The African Queen in 1952 at the Shepperton Film Studios which is 8 miles away. They have proliferated over the years and become a pest and disturbed a lot of the local bird life.

867308FC-4FF0-48C3-B105-A5D5A305FCBC.jpeg

Fri 14 Jan

Was another great day to be outside with the frost, mist and sun but I had to be at home to have two different repairs done. Left without hot water yesterday. So it’s a bit boring today - a parakeet sunning itself in next door‘s tree.

For the folks who don’t know, apparently the abundance of the parakeets in this area was caused by their escape during the filming of The African Queen in 1952 at the Shepperton Film Studios which is 8 miles away. They have proliferated over the years and become a pest and disturbed a lot of the local bird life.

View attachment 175355
Interesting back story

Wed 12 Jan

View attachment 175249
Snapseed

View attachment 175250
No edits

View attachment 175251
Snapseed
What a gorgeous place… love all three of these.

Back
Top Bottom