Instagram is Dead, Long Live..

This thread is already making me feel a bit :barf: I just don’t know if I can sign up for one more thing that I end up never visiting again. I’m done with Flickr since I stopped paying for an account and now have to delete images just to add more. And it’s just never felt like a place for me to “interact” with others. I keep thinking I’m going to delete all my images and delete my account… but the images are kind of a visual diary so I haven’t done it….yet.

This thread is already making me feel a bit :barf: I just don’t know if I can sign up for one more thing that I end up never visiting again. I’m done with Flickr since I stopped paying for an account and now have to delete images just to add more. And it’s just never felt like a place for me to “interact” with others. I keep thinking I’m going to delete all my images and delete my account… but the images are kind of a visual diary so I haven’t done it….yet.
Then please don't sign up. This is supposed to be fun and if it aint fun, don't do it.

Ohhhhh, is that how it works? You have to pay? I wonder how Plates funds itself?

You don’t really need to sign up ‘cos we’ll put your best images in anyway. :lmao: Best of both worlds really.:)

We now have 40 subscribers to the mobitog plate - any new sign ups here?
Yes. We've had an increase in signups through October. Not an increase in active users though, that's stayed steady. Plates isn't a very busy place itself so the likelyhood of hitting photographers there who are mobile orientated is probably low. I think flickr is the next spot to target myself.

MobiTog subscribers on Plates were stuck at 49 for a while, and I thought we'd topped out, but now it's jumped up to 57 subscribers and 80 photos. I have no hope that Plates is going to suddenly bloom, but we do have a worthy collection of images there.

App update makes viewing experience much better.
Much better, yes. I still haven't figured the place out very well, though. It seems like there's nothing analogous to following a hashtag on Instagram. (Or if there is, I'm too dense to see it.)

Back
Top Bottom