Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
101F2290-3DF8-434F-B419-CD225ECB249B.jpeg

F86571D1-2694-4516-A348-9951FD354232.jpeg

Snapseed, DistressedFX

I have never carved a pumpkin before, so I was excited when my fiancé brought home a couple. Not knowing what to expect, I helped hollow them out, wash and save the seeds, and then draw a design on the skin of mine: the bottom one. Cutting this with any kind of finesse is not an easy task. I was super happy when it was finished though and we placed tea lights inside.
The wind blows quite steady and strong on my deck, so we replaced them with a string of LED lights on a timer. They looked really cool from the street :):thumbs: I guess they have a short life because already they look a bit ancient. Lol.

View attachment 101381
View attachment 101382
Snapseed, DistressedFX

I have never carved a pumpkin before, so I was excited when my fiancé brought home a couple. Not knowing what to expect, I helped hollow them out, wash and save the seeds, and then draw a design on the skin of mine: the bottom one. Cutting this with any kind of finesse is not an easy task. I was super happy when it was finished though and we placed tea lights inside.
The wind blows quite steady and strong on my deck, so we replaced them with a string of LED lights on a timer. They looked really cool from the street :):thumbs: I guess they have a short life because already they look a bit ancient. Lol.
Heehee... I like ‘em! :D

View attachment 101381
View attachment 101382
Snapseed, DistressedFX

I think they look wonderful now - all sort of aged. I know how they feel!:lol:

View attachment 101381
View attachment 101382
Snapseed, DistressedFX

It must be warm and dry there? It would be really hard to achieve this effect with a new Pumpkin.

View attachment 101381
View attachment 101382
Snapseed, DistressedFX

They look great and the LED lights are the perfect solution!

It must be warm and dry there? It would be really hard to achieve this effect with a new Pumpkin.
Funnily enough our weather has been playing tricks on us of late. We are enjoying highs of around 70+ at the moment interspersed with lows of 27F. At least the deck plants are getting plenty of exercise ;) it is also interesting watching these pumpkins deteriorate...

Pumpkins of Character!
They look great and the LED lights are the perfect solution!
Thank you! Some time back I had the idea of using those lights to Light up sculptures. Only to find some people stole my idea about five years before I thought of it ;) Theirs are much better anyway :p These little strands of Light come in really handy for all kinds of events...

Funnily enough our weather has been playing tricks on us of late. We are enjoying highs of around 70+ at the moment interspersed with lows of 27F. At least the deck plants are getting plenty of exercise ;) it is also interesting watching these pumpkins deteriorate...
Yep. About what we’re having except not that cold at night, more around 45-50°F at night.

View attachment 101381
View attachment 101382
Snapseed, DistressedFX

What character! Much better in their old age!

Back
Top Bottom