iOS 11 IS HERE!

According to MacTracker, the MD512LL/A is an iPad (4th Generation) WiFi model. And according to Apple, that means you missed the cutoff for iOS 11, so iOS 10 is as high as your iPad can go.
I do wonder whether it really is the physical/technical limitations that prevent further updating of older devices, or do Apple apply their own age based limits to such updates by design... :whistle:

Not that I am at all cynical... :D

After the update,I am unable to copy and paste from a google doc on my iPad Pro or my iPhone 7. However, it’s working fine on the updated iPad Air at work. Anyone else having issues?

I do wonder whether it really is the physical/technical limitations that prevent further updating of older devices, or do Apple apply their own age based limits to such updates by design... :whistle:

Not that I am at all cynical... :D
Unfortunately, I think you’re absolutely spot on.

After the update,I am unable to copy and paste from a google doc on my iPad Pro or my iPhone 7. However, it’s working fine on the updated iPad Air at work. Anyone else having issues?
Do you mean an actual Google doc, or from a Google page Star... :whistle:

I believe Apple have changed the selection process taps and stuff for the Select function and to kick it off you tap and hold on the start word, then you can drag the selection out further using the usual blue pins... :D

Do you mean an actual Google doc, or from a Google page Star... :whistle:

I believe Apple have changed the selection process taps and stuff for the Select function and to kick it off you tap and hold on the start word, then you can drag the selection out further using the usual blue pins... :D
An actual Google Doc. For Example I wrote my post for the Saturday Time Stamp on a Google Doc so I could reread and edit it later, then paste it to a reply on Mobitog when I was satisfied with it. I highlighted the text, selected "copy" from the pop up menu and selected paste on Mobitog (app). Nothing. It also won't paste in Pages or my messages. If I type in Pages and copy the same way I am able to paste. And as I say the normal old copy and paste worked on my iPad Air at work. I've soft started my iPad and also deleted Google Docs and reinstalled. I copy and paste nearly every day. This highly annoying!

An actual Google Doc. For Example I wrote my post for the Saturday Time Stamp on a Google Doc so I could reread and edit it later, then paste it to a reply on Mobitog when I was satisfied with it. I highlighted the text, selected "copy" from the pop up menu and selected paste on Mobitog (app). Nothing. It also won't paste in Pages or my messages. If I type in Pages and copy the same way I am able to paste. And as I say the normal old copy and paste worked on my iPad Air at work. I've soft started my iPad and also deleted Google Docs and reinstalled. I copy and paste nearly every day. This highly annoying!
I don't normally work with Google Docs, but will give this a go later this evening, unless someone else comes up with a fix/reason in advance of that... :rog:https://www.mobitog.com/javascript:void(null);

In this particular case -- this particular case, everybody got that? -- it is technical limitations. iOS 11 requires 64-bit hardware. RoseCat's iPad (4th Generation) has 32-bit hardware, so iOS 11 doesn't support it.

Could iOS 11 have been written so that it supported 32-bit hardware as well? Possibly, but if so, it would have been slower, bulkier, harder to maintain, and full of cruft.

In the general case, I don't believe any company is your friend.

In this particular case -- this particular case, everybody got that? -- it is technical limitations. iOS 11 requires 64-bit hardware. RoseCat's iPad (4th Generation) has 32-bit hardware, so iOS 11 doesn't support it.

Could iOS 11 have been written so that it supported 32-bit hardware as well? Possibly, but if so, it would have been slower, bulkier, harder to maintain, and full of cruft.

In the general case, I don't believe any company is your friend.

Okay... I see that. [emoji1360] I certainly wouldn’t want to update and then have it be sluggish and buggy.

I took advantage of the new offloading feature, and offloaded basically every app that I don’t use on a regular basis (which is about 90% of them) - but this way at least I can still see them, rather than deleting the app and then forgetting its existence. It only took away about 3 GB though... I was hoping for a lot more.

If I could just bring myself to delete all the photos from my camera roll I’d have so much more room.... :eek: :barf:

DF7DA06A-D7AC-487B-B615-F51AFC7437C6.png

I don't normally work with Google Docs, but will give this a go later this evening, unless someone else comes up with a fix/reason in advance of that... :rog:https://www.mobitog.com/javascript:void(null);

It’s not really a Mobitog issue, in fact I think it’s a google issue. But, if you want to look into it.... I mean that would be great. I’ve been googling Google issues all day. It’s always the usual. Restart, log out-login, delete-reinstall....
I’ve done all that.

Thanks again!!

After saying the other day that ios 11 is working perfectly on my ipad, I now notice the App Store is flashing on and off when I go into any section :eek:
Which seems to be preventing it to look for updates........or anything come to think of it. I need to Google and see if its common or just me :confused:

After saying the other day that ios 11 is working perfectly on my ipad, I now notice the App Store is flashing on and off when I go into any section :eek:
Which seems to be preventing it to look for updates........or anything come to think of it. I need to Google and see if its common or just me :confused:
I don't know what iPad you have but my new model is working all good

Seems to be working now, teething probs I guess.

So I have been holding off upgrading any of my devices but reckon I'm happy to upgrade now. I have decided to upgrade my 7+ and iPad Pro naturally but am going to leave my iPad Mini 2 on 10 to catch any of the old apps that won't work on 11.

Doesn't look as if anybody has any real issues?

So I have been holding off upgrading any of my devices but reckon I'm happy to upgrade now. I have decided to upgrade my 7+ and iPad Pro naturally but am going to leave my iPad Mini 2 on 10 to catch any of the old apps that won't work on 11.

No issues for me and my 7 Plus. Also, there's an 11.1 update available today.

So far so good here on an iPhone 7, iPad Pro, and iPad Air 2. There was some talk about extra battery drain, but I haven't seen it.

Did anybody have any problems with their photos? I only have just under 6,700 and I should have 18,000+. Fortunately, I backed them all up about 10 days ago and I copied most of my carnival photos to my iPad Pro because I made a video from them.

I switched on and off and it seems to be trying to restore them. Glad I didn't do my iPad Pro yet!

Edit: ok, my iphone took about 15 minutes to update all the photos in the camera roll. Doesn't look like anything was lost so all good in the end.

Last edited:
No issues for me and my 7 Plus. Also, there's an 11.1 update available today.

Ok. right there is the reason why I still lurk around here reading, even if I don't post (or shoot) that many pics these days. I've had issues with iOS 11 on my iP SE. Starting to read this thread, a thought entered my mind: it has to be time for a bug fix pretty darn soon or I'll go bananas.

And scrolling down...

There is a patch already.

Thanks, RoseCat :thumbs:

Ok. right there is the reason why I still lurk around here reading, even if I don't post (or shoot) that many pics these days. I've had issues with iOS 11 on my iP SE. Starting to read this thread, a thought entered my mind: it has to be time for a bug fix pretty darn soon or I'll go bananas.

And scrolling down...

There is a patch already.

Thanks, RoseCat :thumbs:
You’re welcome! And it’s totally fine if you haven’t been shooting much (I am dry too at the ‘mo :rolleyes:) - there’s so many convos going on everywhere...that’s half the fun!

Yes, not doing much myself.

Good to hear I'm not alone. But I should rephrase that. I'm not "shooting" that much atm - but I'm fiddling around with old pics, mostly (re)making them b & w.

Some I crop to a tiny square and post to my "new" second IG account, some I'll save for the day I find a (new, better than 500px and the like) place to show them to the world. :appsir:

Well, some great new features. You would think if they can add all this stuff they would be able to create a better photo management tool o_O.

I like the feature to be able to record your screen. I think I will find that very useful. I also love the ability to save a webpage as a PDF! Used that to save the article terse posted about on the iPhone 8/X thread.

What new features are being used by them rest of the mobitogers?

Back
Top Bottom