MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
So a weird thing happened. I updated to iOS 9.3 a day or so after it was released. Easy peasy.

This morning, I woke up around 4am and couldn't fall asleep. Like any addicted *normal* person would do, I grabbed my iPhone.

There was a red alert on my Settings app, and inside there was an iOS update. I thought "Oh! Must be a new one to work out some kinks" (read: allowing one to use Night Shift while on Low Power Mode :sneaky: ) The description read the same as the original 9.3 update, describing new features like Night Shift.

Confused, I closed out of Settings and went back in, but it was still there. So, being a bit OCD and not wanting to see that red alert, I tapped, it went through it's phases of downloading, etc.

I checked my iPad and no such red alert existed, and it says the iOS is up to date. ???

Anyone else experience this? :confused: :alien:

the update (same number) is supposed to correct a bad issue affecting old iOS devices following a first update to iOS 9.3, i.e. activation issues. Again this second update holds the exact same number: 9.3

Now there's another upcoming update for all devices (probably 9.3.1) that will correct a bad bug with "dead web links". I didn't experience this bug but I read about it.

the update (same number) is supposed to correct a bad issue affecting old iOS devices following a first update to iOS 9.3, i.e. activation issues. Again this second update holds the exact same number: 9.3

Now there's another upcoming update for all devices (probably 9.3.1) that will correct a bad bug with "dead web links". I didn't experience this bug but I read about it.
Oh, that explains it!! I couldn't figure out why there wasn't a .1 after it... And that extra update wasn't available on my iPad, just my iPhone, so I was further confused.

Back
Top Bottom