iOS/iPadOS 13.1 notes

And for anyone following along...

When I say that I haven't seen a particular bug, that's all I mean -- it hasn't happened to me. I don't mean it's not a bug or hasn't happened to you. For some reason, many app and OS bugs seem to avoid me. I'm not complaining, but I can't tell you why that happens.
Maybe we should all buy houses on your street ;)

In DFX Plus, I see the sliders on each side are scrunched up at the top, but they do seem to work properly for me. Beyond that, DFX Plus is behaving normally, so maybe try the delete/reinstall if you need to.
I’ve deleted it and reloaded, but lots of the overlays and textures are really dark and when I try to adjust them with the sliders the editing isn’t the same as it used to be. I see that they haven’t updated the app for seven months. Maybe they’re beavering away at the moment to upgrade the app.:rolleyes:

I’ve deleted it and reloaded, but lots of the overlays and textures are really dark and when I try to adjust them with the sliders the editing isn’t the same as it used to be. I see that they haven’t updated the app for seven months. Maybe they’re beavering away at the moment to upgrade the app.:rolleyes:
You can write to Cheryl, the creator, she replies :)

iOS 13.1.1 is now available. It's a much smaller download than 13.1.

- Fixes issues that could prevent iPhone restoring from backup
- Addresses an issue that could cause battery to drain more quickly
- Fixes an issue that could impact recognition of Siri requests
- Resolves a problem where Safari search suggestions may re-enable after turning them off
- Addresses an issue that could cause Reminders to sync slowly
- Fixes a security issue for third-party keyboard apps

That’s a good point Ted. I’ve been doing some research, when I get some down time, and see that it is, among other things, a possible iCloud sync issue. If I look into my iCloud account there are only 11 images “out of place.” Hmmm.
I do believe a Moscow Mule is in order ;):thumbs::D
Now I’m afraid to ever update! Blergh!!!!

Ok I'm basing that on a friend that came to the Uk thinking she could just buy a uk sim card for her stay here and the Apple shop told her hers was built in AT&T or something so she couldn't physically change it. Maybe they've changed now, I'll shut up :confused:

Or are you agreeing with me :lmao:
Beats me what I’m doing.......

The new iPhones are evidently carrier independent. Apple has a list of countries that iPhones, from the 8 all the way up to the self-defense model, will work in.
Upon upgrading my iPad and iPhone my camera roll displays photos I took two years ago with images I captured today. Weird.
Are they automatically downloading images from iCloud or are these images you already had on your devices? Is it the sort order that has changed?

Are they automatically downloading images from iCloud or are these images you already had on your devices? Is it the sort order that has changed?
I had images from 2018 interspersed with images from the past week. Here’s what I did. I logged into iCloud on my iPad. opened Photos, then clicked on Albums on the bottom of the page. I then opened my All Photos album and hit refresh. It took a while as I have a boatload of stuff in there. On my iPad turned off iCloud sync and back on again and voila! Music started playing somewhere ;) No images were harmed in the production of this solution.
For some reason most of the old 2018 images, except for the ones I opened and evidently did something to, are back where they belong: in the past :p
Snapseed: the “Open” button on the Open image pop-out is missing.
5CFC3542-6044-4CCF-9E98-EC098729806E.png

Halide: images seem to be going into an account in another, adjoining, universe. Here is one of the messages:

70B9A1E1-296A-4245-B416-CE0D82FC022D.png

Camera Plus2: I have, in all the years Of using this app, never seen an error message. So the “Failure” error came as a complete surprise. Despite trying again, and uninstalling the app and reinstalling, still the same banana.
F3B11A04-39AC-4131-BFC7-DA14291F0C41.jpeg

For sure there are going to be some glitches due to the triple update of iOS this past week.
I sent off the error reports and then followed up with an email. And additional screenshots. Mrs. Google already said her husband was out hunting this weekend. Fun times in the iOSiverse!

I understand iOS 13 introduces new features to make accessing external hard drives and SSD drives, USB drives, etc., show up properly in the Files app. Does anyone here use external storage devices with their phones iPads?

I just watched a YouTube video about it and it seems most drives will work as long as they are formatted with FAT32 and there was some type of Windows formatting that doesn’t work.

On the newer iPads you just plug directly into the USB-C port. With other types you need the converter to connect. With the Lightning iPads you still need the Lightning to USB converter.

I understand iOS 13 introduces new features to make accessing external hard drives and SSD drives, USB drives, etc., show up properly in the Files app. Does anyone here use external storage devices with their phones iPads?

I just watched a YouTube video about it and it seems most drives will work as long as they are formatted with FAT32 and there was some type of Windows formatting that doesn’t work.

On the newer iPads you just plug directly into the USB-C port. With other types you need the converter to connect. With the Lightning iPads you still need the Lightning to USB converter.
NTFS is the Microsoft file system Fat32, also Microsoft, works perfectly well with MACs too :) I have a card reader with a lightning connector that I use on the old iPad Pro. I have not yet tried it on the 2018 iPad. Maybe I should.

NTFS is the Microsoft file system Fat32, also Microsoft, works perfectly well with MACs too :) I have a card reader with a lightning connector that I use on the old iPad Pro. I have not yet tried it on the 2018 iPad. Maybe I should.
Yes, according to the video I saw you can use any memory card as external storage.

Here’s a video about using different types of external storage devices with the iPad & iOS 13.
Ooh. Thank you Brian. Curiously enough I have had two SanDisk USP drives, with utilities and software, die this week: a 128GB and a 64GB :( Both we’re backed up fortunately. SanDisk has a really good encryption program that comes with their products, which is pretty cool for us in case we lose one.

iOS/iPadOS 13.1.2 available:

For iOS:
  • Fixes a bug where the progress bar for iCloud Backup could continue to show after a successful backup
  • Fixes an issue where Camera may not work
  • Addresses an issue where the flashlight may not activate
  • Fixes a bug that could result in a loss of display calibration data
  • Fixes an issue where shortcuts could not be run from HomePod
  • Addresses an issue where Bluetooth may disconnect on certain vehicles
iPadOS has the Bluetooth and iCloud Backup fixes.

I just received this regarding Camera+2 :)

Noël
Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to write in about this problem. This is an issue that we're actively investigating. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Thanks,
Noël
Camera+ Product Manager
LateNiteSoft

Evidently the updates messed up Chromatica as well. "After rebuilding the app with the new developer tools it stopped working all together, (crash at start). Our developers are working around the clock to update the code base to the latest technologies."
I'm happy I have CameraPixels too ;) :thumbs:

I came across this today Looking for something else...

Back
Top Bottom