Image of the Month IOTM May****RESULT****

Time to wrap up, 8 days is enough for anyone me thinks.

Three images very close together this month, jockeying for the top spot. ric alexander's wonderfully retro crab, my soulful selfie and sdimbour's sunburst beach scene Vieux-Boucau Landes.
Only 1 point separating the three (non voters take note).

The IOTM for May is.....
1654717824032.png

Sandra with her lovely sun burst beach. Well done sdimbour.

If the powers that be ( i.e. Venomator) could install Sandra onto the front page for the month it would be lovely :thumbs:

Many thanks to all the nominators and voters yet again :notworthy:
June IOTM is now OPEN and underway.

Three images very close together this month, jockeying for the top spot. ric alexander's wonderfully retro crab, my soulful selfie and sdimbour's sunburst beach scene Vieux-Boucau Landes.

The IOTM for May is.....
View attachment 181534

If the powers that be ( i.e. Venomator) could install Sandra onto the front page for the month it would be lovely :thumbs:

close wasn’t the word for it. I did raise an eyebrow to see me holding a lead but my photo had to take some ventolin asthma inhaler as it ran out of steam in the last furlong where ( I believe) johns excellent selfie took the lead before a sneaky finish line sprint saw Sandra take the finish line ahead of both of us. to be on a podium with those two images was an honour yet.
im Still scratching my head at how my crab beat my far superior ( in my humble opinion) steelworks image, which didn’t come out of the stalls is beyond me lol..
congrats all though.

The IOTM for May is.....
View attachment 181534

Done as requested John - don’t faint now… :rog:

Wow, fantabulous iMage, congratulations Sandra sdimbour, a cracking black ‘n white photograph… :thumbs: :notworthy:

The IOTM for May is.....
View attachment 181534

Congratulations sdimbour Sandra - You have so many fabulous images in your 365, it’s about time to have one recognised again.:notworthy:

The IOTM for May is.....
View attachment 181534

Congratulations Sandra, well-deserved :notworthy:

johns excellent selfie took the lead before a sneaky finish line sprint saw Sandra take the finish line ahead of both of us.
Nice to see you're keeping score as well Ric, might sub-contract you to do the counting ;)
im Still scratching my head at how my crab beat my far superior ( in my humble opinion) steelworks image
I liked the steelworks but there was something about the two tall chimneys that somehow distracts the eye. The crab being given a retro style makeover and the tones just pushed it above the steel works imho.

For the record Sandra took it with 21, I had 20 (and was glad not to win with that image) and you had 19. The non voters may have changed the result, but hey ho you can lead a horse to water and all that.

Nice to see you're keeping score as well Ric, might sub-contract you to do the counting ;)

I liked the steelworks but there was something about the two tall chimneys that somehow distracts the eye. The crab being given a retro style makeover and the tones just pushed it above the steel works imho.

For the record Sandra took it with 21, I had 20 (and was glad not to win with that image) and you had 19. The non voters may have changed the result, but hey ho you can lead a horse to water and all that.
I did tally it up after being surprised of crabby getting some votes lol. I wish I hadn’t now but it was entertaining. Personally I don’t think it should have hit the top pack at all but I’m glad some people liked it.
im currently deciding on a macro lens for the iPhone 11. I want to break into a new genre.

I did tally it up after being surprised of crabby getting some votes lol. I wish I hadn’t now but it was entertaining. Personally I don’t think it should have hit the top pack at all but I’m glad some people liked it.
im currently deciding on a macro lens for the iPhone 11. I want to break into a new genre.
Macro, hmmm do you think you'll use it much?

I usually look at each vote. I don’t actually keep count, just look for trends. It is entertaining.

I usually look at each vote. I don’t actually keep count, just look for trends. It is entertaining.
I usually check it now and then during voting week, too. It's always interesting to see what people pick when forced to choose just three because the selections are all so different. We all see different things in the images.

Voted the worst holiday destination in the UK!! I had some good holidays there when I was a kid.
Me too. We stayed at Sutton on sea for several years when I was a kid, just up the road from skeggy. This is me and my mum outside the chalet. I refound this pic during fake Polaroid week. Clearly my mum didn't want her pic taken and had little problem letting my dad know that.
IMAGE0008.JPG

Back
Top Bottom