iPad 3rd generation colour management

Excellent techie article Christopher, thanks for the heads up to your fellow MobiMembers... :thumbs:

Not that I understood too much of what he was on about... :D

On the plus side of things, the new iPad seems to be fairly accurate with its colour representation which is great for working with images. As this is my first iPad I can't compare it with the iPad 2 for resolution or colour but the article indicates that it is better on both counts and I am pretty happy with it so all is good so far. Just waiting on my JaJa pressure sensitive stylus which is now looking like the 3rd week of May.

I just bought a Spyder4PRO to calibrate my laptop as it was way out and I couldn't get it right and it also allowed me to calibrate my new iPad. I knew my iPad was fairly close and after calibration I can confirm that this is indeed the case. On some images I can't tell the difference between before and after but on some there is a slight variation in the depth of colour, in particular I noticed some reds now being a little deeper but it is so minor that it is not an issue.

Back
Top Bottom