iphone 8+black screen issue

WOTANICUS

IOTM WInner - Sept 21
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini
the back camera on my iphone has gone black, front cam works fine. Non responsive on other apps - Hipstamatic, Spectre, Fimo etc. tried hard reset and usual fixes. No joy. It started after I installed a 3rd party camera app, so im assuming its a software glitch. any help would be appreciated!

the back camera on my iphone has gone black, front cam works fine. Non responsive on other apps - Hipstamatic, Spectre, Fimo etc. tried hard reset and usual fixes. No joy. It started after I installed a 3rd party camera app, so im assuming its a software glitch. any help would be appreciated!
Now, I vaguely remember someone else having this problem. Was it RoseCat Catherine or ubbyisis Eva? terse Ted might know.

Ah, now I remember. In her case, none of the suggestions online worked, so she took it to an Apple store. She was still under warranty, and they replaced the camera (so a hardware problem). She has an 11 Pro.

aha - well thanks for the support. Ive got my daughters old cast off phone, so the Apple repair route isnt an option. Ive done a hard reset and a restore, but its still toast. Never mind.

aha - well thanks for the support. Ive got my daughters old cast off phone, so the Apple repair route isnt an option. Ive done a hard reset and a restore, but its still toast. Never mind.
Another possibility:

I have replaced the camera on an earlier model (one where the display isn't attached with adhesive), and it wasn't too difficult once inside.

Now, I vaguely remember someone else having this problem. Was it RoseCat Catherine or ubbyisis Eva? terse Ted might know.

Yes, RoseCat did have this black-screen-in-photo-apps problem not too long ago, and she did solve it, though I don't remember how at the moment.

Ah, now I remember. In her case, none of the suggestions online worked, so she took it to an Apple store. She was still under warranty, and they replaced the camera (so a hardware problem). She has an 11 Pro.
Well, I am thankful for terse Ted and his memory! That’s exactly what happened.

I decided to opt for a new phone in the end, as the 8 was clearly struggling. The glass back was seriously shattered and fractured around the lens mounts, so replacement wasn't really an option. Got a bomb-proof case for the new one, with a dedicated cover for the lenses. Fingers crossed!

I decided to opt for a new phone in the end, as the 8 was clearly struggling. The glass back was seriously shattered and fractured around the lens mounts, so replacement wasn't really an option. Got a bomb-proof case for the new one, with a dedicated cover for the lenses. Fingers crossed!
Good luck :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom