Iphone album question

Van Duke

MobiAddict
Hi guys, I find it useful to create albums on my iPhone in order to sort out my pictures. However after sending a copy of the photos into its chosen albums, I still have the original in the camera roll. Is there any way I can clean up and delete from the camera roll without having it delete from the album as well. I just don't need all of that duplication.

Thank you,
Vanduke

Van Duke said:
Hi guys, I find it useful to create albums on my iPhone in order to sort out my pictures. However after sending a copy of the photos into its chosen albums, I still have the original in the camera roll. Is there any way I can clean up and delete from the camera roll without having it delete from the album as well. I just don't need all of that duplication.

Thank you,
Vanduke

This is what I have done. I have folders on my PC. They are named for specific types of pictures. These folders in turn are synced to my iPhone so they are in albums. From "my computer" on your PC open your iPhone pic folders. Cut/paste your pictures to the specific album on your Picture albums you make. Check mark the folders you want to sync to your iPhone. When you cut and paste the pictures to your PC ALBUM folders the are removed from your album. However they will still show up in you main album and sub albums, just not in your camera roll.

Yes, Van Duke. I find that EXTREMELY annoying!! I was so excited about the folders until I made some and found I couldn't delete from camera roll w/o deleting from the subfolders too. Ggggrrrrr....

The whole syncing with the computer has existed for awhile, which sort of defeats the purpose of doing it straight from your phone... Unless we can do it via iCloud??

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

I'm unconventional, in that I hate syncing my iPhone to my Mac (I try to have as little to do with iTunes as I can). Because of this, I operate my iPhone separate from my Mac if at all possible, so I have no folders synced. I do download my photos to iPhoto, but what I do then is just put them into a folder with the date on it.

What I use is an App called "iPic Manager", there are many such folder-type apps available from the Apps Store. You can create different folders within this App, each is capable of storing 100 images. So, if you run out of space, simply create a new folder. Within the app, I click on "bring from device", this opens up my camera roll, and I simply click on the images I want to send to the folder in iPic Manager. I then have to manually delete the image from my camera roll afterwards, but at least I know they're stored in iPic Manager in neat folders. And if I click on "save to device" I can then bring them back to the camera roll. With iPic Manager, you can have your images in the App AS WELL AS on your camera roll, deleting them from one does not affect the other.

AlyZen Moonshadow said:
I'm unconventional, in that I hate syncing my iPhone to my Mac (I try to have as little to do with iTunes as I can). Because of this, I operate my iPhone separate from my Mac if at all possible, so I have no folders synced. I do download my photos to iPhoto, but what I do then is just put them into a folder with the date on it.

What I use is an App called "iPic Manager", there are many such folder-type apps available from the Apps Store. You can create different folders within this App, each is capable of storing 100 images. So, if you run out of space, simply create a new folder. Within the app, I click on "bring from device", this opens up my camera roll, and I simply click on the images I want to send to the folder in iPic Manager. I then have to manually delete the image from my camera roll afterwards, but at least I know they're stored in iPic Manager in neat folders. And if I click on "save to device" I can then bring them back to the camera roll. With iPic Manager, you can have your images in the App AS WELL AS on your camera roll, deleting them from one does not affect the other.

I will have to check into that iPic Manager. I am a hoarder. I have to keep my pix stored on my computer with the ability to see them on my iPhone.

AlyZen Moonshadow said:

I'll check that out!

I'm too anal & nervous about losing photos to only keep them on my iPhone, so I use the Photo Transfer app to put all my photos on my Mac.

I used to use iPhoto but it's a pain in the arse and only use this app now.

image-342026013.png

RoseCat (Catherine) said:
I'll check that out!

I'm too anal & nervous about losing photos to only keep them on my iPhone, so I use the Photo Transfer app to put all my photos on my Mac.

I used to use iPhoto but it's a pain in the arse and only use this app now.

Me too. I have to move them to the computer with the albums synced to my iPhone.

Van Duke said:

Thank you,
Vanduke

Thanks guys, I'll try ipic manager.

Van Duke said:

Thank you,
Vanduke

I found a free app called album pro that did the job. Easy, uncomplicated and allowed me to delete from the camera roll with an option to export back if I need to email etc.

I use an app called Private Photo Vault. You can do multiple image imports, then delete from your camera roll. Folders are a breeze to make and have no limit in number as far as I can tell. Hope that helps. MJ. BTW.... No computer required.... I do everything inside my iPhone 4.

Flyboymoj said:
I use an app called Private Photo Vault. You can do multiple image imports, then delete from your camera roll. Folders are a breeze to make and have no limit in number as far as I can tell. Hope that helps. MJ. BTW.... No computer required.... I do everything inside my iPhone 4.

Awesome!!! Thanks

Flyboymoj said:

I also use this app and love it!!

I have Photo Manager Pro that I use to organize my photos, and you can also export them back into the camera roll if you need them.

You can also choose from 5 different colors for the folders, and choose a photo as the folder "cover". :D It has a lot of features I haven't fully utilized...

image-2703788244.jpg

image-2758043193.jpg

Back
Top Bottom