iPhone photography school landscape course

Geek1956

IOTM Winner - Mar, May, Oct 21 & Jan, Mar 22
Real Name
Kevin
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max

Hi I was wondering if anyone has enrolled or completed this course. Apparently it’s half price at the moment. I did the original course a few years back and found it useful

Hi I was wondering if anyone has enrolled or completed this course. Apparently it’s half price at the moment. I did the original course a few years back and found it useful
It looks like an interesting course. But do you think you have to have lovely scenery in order to take great images? The scenery around us is not spectacular, like the Italian Alps.

It looks like an interesting course. But do you think you have to have lovely scenery in order to take great images? The scenery around us is not spectacular, like the Italian Alps.
I don't think so, no. It's the first thing most of us look for, but it's not the only answer. Intriguing light, an unusual viewpoint, a sense of scale, exceptional detail... Lots of things can make a landscape or seascape click. It takes a thoughtful approach to photograph a familiar landscape in a way that causes people to actually stop and look at it, study it, instead of glossing over it.

I don't think so, no. It's the first thing most of us look for, but it's not the only answer. Intriguing light, an unusual viewpoint, a sense of scale, exceptional detail... Lots of things can make a landscape or seascape click. It takes a thoughtful approach to photograph a familiar landscape in a way that causes people to actually stop and look at it, study it, instead of glossing over it.
I can tell you've never visited the Uk Midlands Ted :lol:

Thanks for that! I’m very frustrated by exotic scenery that I have no chance of matching. As you say you have to look at the mundane with a keen eye. Not that I have that keen eye.....

Thanks for that! I’m very frustrated by exotic scenery that I have no chance of matching. As you say you have to look at the mundane with a keen eye. Not that I have that keen eye.....
Talking specifically about Landscape photography, I have to disagree with Ted, someone who I think is very wise and I usually lap up his words of wisdom :D
But in this case i.e. Landscape, I think the imagery has to be spectacular, no one wants to see a mundane landscape. You could possibly bring something different to an everyday scene, but that aint Landscape. Like you Starzee I have to travel to find exotic, so most good landscape is beyond my reach. rizole is very lucky as he has the Yorkshire Moors on his doorstep.

Talking specifically about Landscape photography, I have to disagree with Ted, someone who I think is very wise and I usually lap up his words of wisdom :D
But in this case i.e. Landscape, I think the imagery has to be spectacular, no one wants to see a mundane landscape. You could possibly bring something different to an everyday scene, but that aint Landscape. Like you Starzee I have to travel to find exotic, so most good landscape is beyond my reach. rizole is very lucky as he has the Yorkshire Moors on his doorstep.
I am beyond envious of rizole .

The opposite is also true, I think. It takes quite a good photographer to capture the Alps or Yosemite Valley or some other icon and make it look like something other than a picture postcard.

The opposite is also true, I think. It takes quite a good photographer to capture the Alps or Yosemite Valley or some other icon and make it look like something other than a picture postcard.
Yup, I agree. Pretty pictures are a dime a dozen. Give me some grit or grunge anyway!

I agree with the sentiment, I’ve watched one of the freebies from this course and it was 20minutes of spectacular mountains and having cows lick your “camera”. There’s some editing stuff but I’m not much into editing. I would rather get it “right” in camera and maybe apply the apples photo app magic wand for a slight touch up. I enjoyed the original iphonephotography school course which I found useful when I was getting started into iPhone photography but I think I’ll give this one a miss.

:rolleyes::D

Back
Top Bottom