IPPA Awards 2022 Call for Submissions

Nice selection, still hard for an old timer like me, to believe these were taken on a mobile phone.

What surprises me is that one of them was taken with an iPhone 6s. Fields apart from the latest versions.

What surprises me is that one of them was taken with an iPhone 6s. Fields apart from the latest versions.
Is it against the rules to post-process the image on a computer, say in PhotoShop? I can’t remember. Some of them are of such great quality it’s hard to believe something hasn’t been done to them in one of the big editing programs.

Is it against the rules to post-process the image on a computer, say in PhotoShop? I can’t remember. Some of them are of such great quality it’s hard to believe something hasn’t been done to them in one of the big editing programs.
Can't think of much I can do in photoshop that I can't do on my phone even if it's fiddlier and has fewer apps (android.)
I think the only real difference between a mobile and desktop for me is the size of the monitor and precision of the input device. I can see better detail on a monitor and make pixel level edits with my mouse. On a six inch touch screen I'm squinty and have fat, clumsy fingers.

The rules say no desktop processing at all. I'd guess a big factor in the quality is infinite care in setting up the original shot. Plus tripods in some cases.

Back
Top Bottom