Jan Gray’s Project 365-2022

16th May - Dog Show
ive been volunteering at a local hospice shop and wa asked to take some photos for their website and Facebook sites of the Spring Fayre which was yesterday. Here’s a few of the images of the ‘Fun Dog Show’. I have never seen so many dogs! There was just under 200 register to,take part! It was meant to last about an hour but because of the numbers the organisers had to add categories and groups which meant it went on for 3hours!

6C7AE708-9AFF-4A9F-8565-81A176F70875.jpeg

16th May - Dog Show
ive been volunteering at a local hospice shop and wa asked to take some photos for their website and Facebook sites of the Spring Fayre which was yesterday. Here’s a few of the images of the ‘Fun Dog Show’. I have never seen so many dogs! There was just under 200 register to,take part! It was meant to last about an hour but because of the numbers the organisers had to add categories and groups which meant it went on for 3hours!

View attachment 180581
200????? Incredible.

17th and 18th May Richmond, Yorkshire
The first 2 days of our holiday before moving onto Northumberland. Lovely walks along the river.
View attachment 182232

View attachment 182234
Tadpoles!!! We sooooo wanted tadpoles in our pond.:( We‘ve seen a frog hopping about the garden on the hedgehog camera, but nothing in the pond. Lovely photos Jan.

What a great thing to travel with your house! Have the pups gotten used to the caravan?
Bertie is now fine in the van but Izzy still not happy. I have tried a calming spray on her to help. I’ve also sat with her in the back sometimes when she is getting over stressed. Fine as soon as we stop. Just doesn’t like the sound in the van. Noisier than a car.

Bertie is now fine in the van but Izzy still not happy. I have tried a calming spray on her to help. I’ve also sat with her in the back sometimes when she is getting over stressed. Fine as soon as we stop. Just doesn’t like the sound in the van. Noisier than a car.
One of my westies hated noise. He calmed down a little with a thunder shirt for travelling etc but we had to resort to an oral medication that zapped him during fireworks night. His name was Bertie too funnily enough.

24th May - Etal Castle, Northumberland
Visited this castle on route to our next campsite at Berwick, stopped at this very quiet ruined castle surrounded by a beautiful village.

Etal Castle is a ruined medieval fortification in the village of Etal, Northumberland, England. It was built around 1341 by Robert Manners, and comprised a residential tower, a gatehouse and a corner tower, protected by a curtain wall. The castle was involved both in local feudingand the border wars between England and Scotland. There was a battle between the rival Manners and Heron families outside the walls in 1428, and in 1513 it was briefly captured by King James IV of Scotland during his invasion of England.

B93B85FF-3F7C-4AB5-97E4-0DD0065C8119.jpeg

26th May - Bamburgh and Seahouses
Probably the most famous castle in Northumberland, Bamburgh really is not to be missed, impressively situated on a hill above one of the most beautiful sandy beaches (made famous in Chariots of Fire and many more films and TV), that overlooks Coquet Island and the lighthouse.
90DF5EAB-F6D6-4FB3-83F6-583D46FA95DF.jpeg

27th May - Seahouses and Beadnell Bay
The next town to Bamburgh is Seahouses and Beadnell Bay that are both lovely bays and very popular with tourists. Seahouses has some of the best fish and chips restaurants in Northumberland but is also home to a lovely little harbour where the boats that travel to the Farne Islands to visit the seabird and seal colonies.
4575C391-CC28-47E2-BA82-CA793A89DF1D.jpeg

28th May - Day 12 - Amble and Coquet Island
We stayed at Beadnell Bay for 2 days and toured around the quieter bays. When we arrived at Amble which is directly opposite Coquet Island a storm was heading our way which hit Coquet before us as you can see in the image below. On the sands we came across this rather strange orange egg jelly attached to the ground. It looked very strange but following some checking up, found out that it is a Stalk Lugworm egg cases which will have many tens of tiny lugworm larvae that once hatch will eat their way out of the jelly before burrowing down into the sand. A new fact learnt today!
F1F4863F-D810-4015-8138-906B11D5C546.jpeg

30th May - Day 14 - Druridge Bay Nature Reserve
This is a lovely place. A country park where you walk through a woodland out onto a very long sandy beach. Worth visiting if you are in Northumberland.

5EAACC7C-F091-46CC-B15A-36DFA229F94A.jpeg

28th May - Day 12 - Amble and Coquet Island
We stayed at Beadnell Bay for 2 days and toured around the quieter bays. When we arrived at Amble which is directly opposite Coquet Island a storm was heading our way which hit Coquet before us as you can see in the image below. On the sands we came across this rather strange orange egg jelly attached to the ground. It looked very strange but following some checking up, found out that it is a Stalk Lugworm egg cases which will have many tens of tiny lugworm larvae that once hatch will eat their way out of the jelly before burrowing down into the sand. A new fact learnt today!
View attachment 182719
The egg :alien: amazing:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom