Jan Gray’s Project 365-2022

16th October - Verbena Bonariensis
Another great pollinator for insects still around. This is a very strange plant - very long stalks with bunches of these tiny purple flowers. I started off with just a handful of plants a couple of years ago and now have it growing in most of the beds by simply scattering the seeds from the flower heads when they’ve finished. I’ve noticed in flower shows and garden like Chelsea and Hampton Court, this seems one of the must have plants for the designers.
9BE0E94A-7B4F-4B38-93EB-C3614755357F.jpeg

Another great pollinator for insects still around. This is a very strange plant - very long stalks with bunches of these tiny purple flowers. I started off with just a handful of plants a couple of years ago and now have it growing in most of the beds by simply scattering the seeds from the flower heads when they’ve finished. I’ve noticed in flower shows and garden like Chelsea and Hampton Court, this seems one of the must have plants for the designers.
View attachment 186692
One of our favourites. DH bought them ”by mistake” in the summer of 2020. We soon realised it was a good mistake :thumbs:

View attachment 186692
They just go on flowering forever. And they seed themselves quite happily. I love this plant.

18th October - Our Monthly Travels
Decided at the last moment to go away for a few days again. This time heading west to Cannock, but on the way today stopped off before the campsite at the National Memorial Arboretum at Alrewas in Derbyshire. First time we’ve been and were blown away with the beautiful memorials and the serenity of the place. We’re able to take the dogs and managed, I thought to keep them out off the pictures but if you look closely at the RAF memorial, Bertie managed to get in the shadows!

F586E8BF-E0EA-4F75-9A4D-4EA9B3BB53F2.png

19th October - Cannock Chase
The first time we’ve been here, but wont be the last. A wonderful piece of ancient woodland. The weather helped today as it was quite warm and at times quite sunny. I loved the beautiful ferns, some over 10 feet tall that had changed from their normal green colour to the burnished brown.

31913F29-48AB-4A84-A048-E938B4510DE3.jpeg

20th October - A bit Mizzly
Today‘s weather completely different from yesterday. Started very dull then began to drizzle. So photos not easy. Decided to try an ICM of a group of birch trees with the bracken behind them. Quite liked the effect.
BC939D4D-22B5-4ADD-A336-262952EF4EDF.jpeg

25th October - After the Rain
Back home again and our usual walk in the local woods, but as it had rained the ground was a bit muddy - perfect for Izzy who‘s white paws are now a horrible brown colour. Back to quick wash when we get home!

D8036AA4-9319-4992-96C9-6F886CB989BF.jpeg

25th October - After the Rain
Back home again and our usual walk in the local woods, but as it had rained the ground was a bit muddy - perfect for Izzy who‘s white paws are now a horrible brown colour. Back to quick wash when we get home!

View attachment 187123
Ozzy got mud stuck to his paws, and then he got leaves stuck to the mud. He looked like he was wearing slippers. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom