Jan Gray’s Project 365-2022

1st January - Now you See it…
For the last 5 years or so, we have had a bit of a battle with Western Power regarding our electricity supply which has been hanging down from the pole in a very precarious position. The only thing they did was to put a rubber cover over the mains cable. However, the problem has been resolved with our electricity supply is finally underground and the dangling wire has gone. Only took 5 years! Something little but something important to us!

4A853DB5-31A0-466F-8601-60BC354BDF72.jpeg

2nd January - Belvoir Castle View
View of the Castle from Grantham Canal near Woolsthorpe. A very impressive castle from a distance, but in truth this started out by a rather grand house that was converted in the 1700s by the young Duke and his wife to create a ‘fairy tale’ style castle. Cost lots of money that would be billions to do today, which nearly bankrupted the estate. So, to acquire more money, the Duke sold off some of the villages!
11C94421-056D-45E9-86E6-633F2D1A5428.jpeg

1st January - Now you See it…
For the last 5 years or so, we have had a bit of a battle with Western Power regarding our electricity supply which has been hanging down from the pole in a very precarious position. The only thing they did was to put a rubber cover over the mains cable. However, the problem has been resolved with our electricity supply is finally underground and the dangling wire has gone. Only took 5 years! Something little but something important to us!

View attachment 174773
Congratulations :thumbs:

3rd January - The Knock-Kneed Alpaca
Went for a walk with my friend and her dog today between 2 villages along the canal. At Kinoulton there is a small holding with several animals including a group of Alpacas. The black one definitely stance looked very strange. We couldn’t work out whether it was natural or not.
71D8BBEB-4618-44C9-BA29-5134F3A5668C.jpeg

10th January - Dendrobium Orchid 'Apollon'
I have had this orchid for several years now and thought it had died last autumn. I repotted it and moved it into another room in the house where it seemed to come round and has started to flower again. Glad I didn’t throw it out!
View attachment 175172
4FFC7A8F-4FC5-4E94-8219-D29C21540994.jpeg

Last edited:
10th January - Dendrobium Orchid 'Apollon'
I have had this orchid for several years now and thought it had died last autumn. I repotted it and moved it into another room in the house where it seemed to come round and has started to flower again. Glad I didn’t throw it out!
View attachment 175172
Looks like Hellebores again Jan.:rolleyes:

11th January - The Sunflower Seed Thief
I think this maybe a recurring theme as the squirrels are now becoming more and more cheeky. I had to take the image through the window so not as sharp as I would have liked.
F34E5013-E450-4EE1-9701-2D82C11C2372.jpeg

14th January - The Fog’s coming in.
Todays walk around the woods near the village began a little Misty but by halfway round the fog began to envelop us. I took this photo with fog rolling in and the dogs looking a little concerned.
858DBC0B-B80E-48EA-A248-0787F8EA18AE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom