Jan Gray’s Project 365-2022

16th January - One of the First Signs of Spring
Spotted this today, the first pussy willow buds appearing. Always a good sign.
5D1662BF-BB6F-4932-90FE-B5E396E1D85D.jpeg

18th January - Orange Mosscap Fungi
Spotted today in the woods during the dog walk, these little group of fungi between a few dead branches. Checked with the fungi identification app and found out it is called an Orange Mosscap and is edible, although I don’t think I’ll be trying them!
52E0FAF7-4B76-46BE-8E67-79327B79442B.jpeg

Spotted today in the woods during the dog walk, these little group of fungi between a few dead branches. Checked with the fungi identification app and found out it is called an Orange Mosscap and is edible, although I don’t think I’ll be trying them!
View attachment 175589
Beautiful. Looks like a little family. A baby fungus with his protective parents :)

View attachment 175589
No, if it’s not sold in the supermarket, I don‘t eat it! I watched Junior Bake Off tonight, and one of the contestants cooked with Hogweed seeds!! I wouldn’t eat any of those, even if Ray Mears told me he picked them himself!

No, if it’s not sold in the supermarket, I don‘t eat it! I watched Junior Bake Off tonight, and one of the contestants cooked with Hogweed seeds!! I wouldn’t eat any of those, even if Ray Mears told me he picked them himself!
I’m laughing but I agree.

This is the first major storm to plow through. It’s kind of exciting, but now that we’re a older, the snow clearing is tougher.
Call me crazy but I still find it relaxing to get out there with my snowblower. Of course, it’s a lot nicer being retired. It was less fun at 5:30 in the morning clearing the driveway to go to work.

Call me crazy but I still find it relaxing to get out there with my snowblower. Of course, it’s a lot nicer being retired. It was less fun at 5:30 in the morning clearing the driveway to go to work.
In the past, I loved digging out. The neighbors were all out and I think we had more conversation after storms than we did the rest of the year.

Well, as you asked so nicely - you’re crazy.

20th January - A New Adventure Begins
We spent most of today finding out how most of this works before we drove it home to begin our next chapter of travelling around this country.
View attachment 175703
Fabulous. You’re going to have such fun. Maybe we might see you on a site one of these days when we finally get out in the caravan.

Back
Top Bottom