Jan Gray’s Project 365-2022

25th August - Sitting in a Row
Today’s walk was after a very wet morning in the van as the heavens opened for a few hours. Decided to do a walk along the river from the campsite where we spotted these ducks sitting quite leisurely on old tree stump altogether.
BA08F64F-ACA2-4D71-9006-241F975CD649.jpeg

27th August - Final day before homeward bound
For our last full day we had a lovely walk along the river. As it was band holiday, there wer quite a few boats about and this one, the ‘Nitty Gritty’, was very friendly when he saw me taking his picture!

6FBA15B1-7EDD-4A8F-A732-00296CB41109.jpeg

28th August - Park Walk before Travelling Home

Before sitting off, we always take the dogs for a short walk to tire them out. Fortunately, the campsite was only a 10 minute walk from the park so that seemed a good place to stroll round before heading home. The sans clearly thought we may have food as they all appeared very quickly when they saw us walking slowly along the river bank.
D1447BFB-B259-4828-B700-5AD8B6D9C4DC.jpeg

29th August - Playing with Snapseed

As today was a catching up with the washing, etc day, forgot to take a photo. So, decided to use one from the trip to St Neots that hadn't used before and play around with it in Snapseed using some of the tools I don't usually use. Quite like this effect which gives it a miniaturists effect.

ACB13E1C-FDA7-4A68-846E-46CDFD74AD03.jpeg

2nd September - Kitchen Visitor
I was in the kitchen doing some baking when something buzzed round me. Looked up to see this beautiful Southern Hawker dragonfly land on the net curtains. Obviously, had to take a photo before carefully catching and letting it go!
5A916170-39C8-4393-B0D8-56F255637CD8.jpeg

3rd September - Tired Izzy
We have friends visiting which means lots of walking as they both love it. Not sure Izzy is too keen! Towards the end of the walk she kept laying down every 20 metres or so m hinting she’d had enough! Needles to say, once home she went to her bed and only got out when it was food time!
C2608561-DD32-4193-A6AD-B38EAF29AF88.jpeg

I was in the kitchen doing some baking when something buzzed round me. Looked up to see this beautiful Southern Hawker dragonfly land on the net curtains. Obviously, had to take a photo before carefully catching and letting it go!
View attachment 185163
It looks like it’s reading a book in a language only it knows.:lol:

View attachment 185163
I can never seem to get close enough to get a decent shot. Very nice.

4th September - Playing with Long Exposure
Went for a walk along the Grand Union Canal near Loughborough today for a different view. Walked across the bridge next to the weir so couldn’t resist trying a long exposure. Quite pleased with the results.
5B19186C-18FB-4AEC-800A-B06F0D67CD40.jpeg

5th September - Yellow Lichen
As you probably are aware, I am fascinated with Lichens and Fungi. Looking for the photo of the day, this was the obvious. Yellow lichen and other lichens look from a distance just blobs of colour on a wall or pieces of stone. But, when you look closely it is actually full of texture and different shades as well flower heads (the tiny orange circular blobs which will eventually make seed pods for dispersing the spores elsewhere.

E06EF258-6B42-4A49-931B-2FB853F08420.jpeg

6th September - Field of Sunflowers
In one of the nearby villages then farmers are trying new crops to diversify and this field of sunflowers is one of them. They are to be used for bird seed as the filed has been leased by a company who sells them online.

466E8D63-65D1-441E-977F-0B92EE36D2AD.jpeg

7th September - Robin’s Pin Cushion - Rose Gall Wasp

Robin's pin cushion, also known as rose bedeguar gall, is an harmless growth caused by a species of gall wasp (Diplolepis rosae) it is part of the biodiversity roses support. The adult wasp lays eggs in the buds or developing leaves during mid-summer period. The eggs hatch into small white larvae that secrete chemicals that cause the abnormal growth.
I am fascinated by these galls and love to see them on the wild roses. The only problem is that after photographing some last year, they were cut down by hedge cutting. Hope it doesn’t happen this year.

4009637C-7958-4A91-8940-51CE5F5BCFC3.jpeg

7th September - Robin’s Pin Cushion - Rose Gall Wasp

Robin's pin cushion, also known as rose bedeguar gall, is an harmless growth caused by a species of gall wasp (Diplolepis rosae) it is part of the biodiversity roses support. The adult wasp lays eggs in the buds or developing leaves during mid-summer period. The eggs hatch into small white larvae that secrete chemicals that cause the abnormal growth.
I am fascinated by these galls and love to see them on the wild roses. The only problem is that after photographing some last year, they were cut down by hedge cutting. Hope it doesn’t happen this year.

View attachment 185307
Beautiful, looks like a fluffy delicate heart :inlove::thumbs:

8th September - Morning Dew
Walking to work today at the tearooms along the canal, it really felt like an autumn day as the dew drops were hanging precariously from the edges of the Mare’sTails grass.
converted to black and white in Snapseed
56CC44A5-E11B-41E8-969A-F9C979A5B93C.jpeg

9th September - Raindrop Jewels
Another day walking along the canal, as with the most of the country feeling sad after the news last night. Spotted these raindrops looking like jewels on the reeds.
Converted in black and white in Snapseed.
1D01D2F5-B725-45EE-AB28-6E3701C61F18.jpeg

12th September Honey Bee on Choisia (II)
Unfortunately stuck indoors today. Not been feeling well for a few days.Been having dizzy spells And have been told by doctor I have vertigo! So a course of antibiotics and a few days not being able to drive or go too far, so looked at another of my bee photos and edited this one.
018D614D-1E16-45C2-9364-746A9962FDAF.jpeg

13th September - Wild Pony
Stuck in again today, so going through some of my old pictures and came across this taken in Wales. Played around with it in Snapseed using some of the editing tools including overlayering, I don’t usually use to create this effect.
0A65BEDA-C686-41A4-AC35-4EFF072E15A7.jpeg

13th September - Wild Pony
Stuck in again today, so going through some of my old pictures and came across this taken in Wales. Played around with it in Snapseed using some of the editing tools including overlayering, I don’t usually use to create this effect.
View attachment 185532
I hope you’ll be feeling better very soon :thumbs::inlove:

Back
Top Bottom