Jan Gray’s Project 365-2022

13th September - Wild Pony
Stuck in again today, so going through some of my old pictures and came across this taken in Wales. Played around with it in Snapseed using some of the editing tools including overlayering, I don’t usually use to create this effect.
View attachment 185532
This is gorgeous.
Aw, vertigo sucks! Hope it goes away soon.

14th September - Where’s the Canal?

There is quite a bit of rancour around the villages as the Canal and Waterways trust have stopped doing their bi-annual dredging of the canal as our lovely Grantham Canal has been demoted to one ‘of little importance.’ This means the dont have to maintain it, so this year with the heat and not having any clearance work being done since 2019 the canal has all but disappeared. The volunteers who run the canal society are concentrating on the major part of the canal around the castle through to Grantham as they have got grants from various organisations for this, but our end of the canal is being sadly forgotten.

66690C8E-0498-46CC-8FAD-31DC9AA7A1A9.jpeg

15th September - Juvenile Osprey

We visited Rutland Water today for another walk and spotted one of this year’s juvenile Ospreys flying over the reservoir before beginning the journey to west Africa for the winter. Not my best image and had to crop quite a bit. Bit at least I saw one as the amount of times we have visited and only seen them on the webcams.
A69FF788-1124-4C16-B48A-E9F842D3871E.jpeg

16th September Subsidence!

Not feeling so good today, so looking some of my older images and spotted this one, from a visit to Norfolk. the image wasn’t the best so decided to play around to give it a more vintage feel.

2C538434-01E6-4F60-9F52-122533BBF4D5.jpeg

18th September - Spicy Apple Cake

Another rough day, so as I was in made a cake using a new cooking implement called a Remoska that was recommended by friends who have motorhome. Strange looking thing but us basically a small oven. This was my first attempt using it for a cake but came out Ok. The Remoska uses a lot less power but because it is smaller is quicker at cooking things.

137C8CFE-D81F-4BE9-89EA-37B47B39001A.jpeg

20th September - Remembering….

Another picture from the past I have re-edited today. This is of Dave’s Mum and Uncle Phil who are no longer with us. Phil was a lovely old man who spent his life as a train driver and loved any steam engine. He spent his last few years with Dave’s mum in a home as both had mild Alzheimer’. If he were alive today, it would have been his 100th birthday

B2609371-E9F9-4A15-BD6C-A022DB7D63E0.jpeg

15th September - Juvenile Osprey

We visited Rutland Water today for another walk and spotted one of this year’s juvenile Ospreys flying over the reservoir before beginning the journey to west Africa for the winter. Not my best image and had to crop quite a bit. Bit at least I saw one as the amount of times we have visited and only seen them on the webcams.
View attachment 185957
Well it looks pretty good to me Jan. I know how hard it is to getting a sitting bird, let alone one that’s flying a distance away. Brilliant.

21st September - Sunset ICM

As we were both busy during the day took the dogs for a longer walk this evening and the sunset was amazing. Thought I’d try something a little different with ICM - just moved the camera slightly then when editing cleaned up around the sun. Was pleased with the results.

ACB161B0-5AEF-4675-86EA-4ECAB520C1FC.jpeg

22nd September - Wedding at Normanton Church, Rutland Water

Feeling a bit off again today so looked back at some of the photos taken last week. There was a wedding in the church that was saved when the village was lost to the reservoir development. It has become quite a popular wedding venue and we were lucky to get to the area just as the bride was waiting outside with her father before going in. Had to take it at a distance so a little blurred.

3DCEF074-4CD1-4278-9217-B0D8F8F87F34.jpeg

23rd September - Handbags at 20 paces

The cats that live nearby had clearly had a run in as I could hear them caterwauling whilst in the garden. They were in next door doing the stare fight until one eventually gave in and wandered off.

BB52F2EC-065A-4335-A7CD-5108D679D526.jpeg

24th September - Raindrops on Dahlia

This is one of my favourite dahlias as the colour really shine out at this time of year when things are beginning to fade and die. This morning’s rain shower made it look like jewels on the petals.

19EC2C78-85C9-4AD6-8EBF-27F2169C90BB.jpeg

25th September - Gnomeland
Spotted this on our walk near Loughborough today. Someone, clearly with a sense of humour, had made a little gnome corner at the bottom of their garden. Had to take a photo of it. Very quintessentially British quirkiness at its’ best.

0F586CE3-F55A-4348-9352-4A0DB687AEAA.jpeg

28th September - The Old and the New

Lovely peaceful walk along the canal from Welford to North Kilworth marina. Hardly a soul passed us apart from several narrow boats slowly journeying onto the Grand Union Canal. Struck by this, the old lock gates and winding mechanisms from nearly 200 years ago to the 21st century wind turbine in the distance. Both made to improve lives.

CD5615D3-5A09-4393-9B55-30C14D3E1F33.jpeg

23rd September - Handbags at 20 paces

The cats that live nearby had clearly had a run in as I could hear them caterwauling whilst in the garden. They were in next door doing the stare fight until one eventually gave in and wandered off.

View attachment 186000
I’d like to see this, and any others you think, put into the Mobi Colour Challenge this week. There’s no theme, so there’s no excuse. :lol:

27th September - On Our Travels Again

Decided to do a short break about one hour away from home in Northamptonshire near the Grand Union Canal. The Campsite we booked was lovely. Have it all to ourselves apart from one other caravan!

View attachment 186004
Oooh, where was this Jan? Was it fully serviced, or just electricity?

Oooh, where was this Jan? Was it fully serviced, or just electricity?
Hi Jilly. It was a site called Brook Meadow - a working farm that has diversified. There was 2 large fields - 1 with hard standing pitches with electrics (some fully serviced) which were around a large lake with the second field for camping but also with electrics. You can also book your own pitch online which was a novelty.

29th September - Foxton Locks
Our walk today was from the village of Foxton along the canal and the famous flight of locks. It was a lovely day, perfect for a walk with beautiful scenery.

DADFE39B-7451-4231-A44A-647C568B3EDB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom