Mobi365 Jan Gray 365 Project 2023

2nd April - Textures
Took an image of a cut tree showing the concentric circles, then processed it in Topaz2 to produce this effect.
E22546D1-9F51-4685-91A5-DF19595CD72D-studio.jpg

3rd April - Woolsthorpe Lock - Long Exposure
Using Slow Shutter cam app to create this milky effect. This Lock 15, the next lock to have major renovation work which is hopefully beginning later this year.
C9E8EF5A-4B5C-4B85-B434-09371DCFE674.jpg

5th April - Nottingham Contemporary
I have been doing some street photography -something I haven't tried before. This is an image of the roof of the Nottingham Contemporary Art Centre. Although it is concrete, it is in the style of famous pattern from Nottingham Lacemakers.

IMG_7093.jpg

3rd April - Woolsthorpe Lock - Long Exposure
Using Slow Shutter cam app to create this milky effect. This Lock 15, the next lock to have major renovation work which is hopefully beginning later this year.
View attachment 191450
I sometimes use the Long Exposeure feature in Photo’s Live to get that effect. But you don’t get the dreamy surroundings,

5th April - Nottingham Contemporary
I have been doing some street photography -something I haven't tried before. This is an image of the roof of the Nottingham Contemporary Art Centre. Although it is concrete, it is in the style of famous pattern from Nottingham Lacemakers.

View attachment 191452
The detail in the concrete is amzing.

6th April - Nottingham Giant
Another of my street photos. One of the wet ones! The feet are from the statue of Brian Clough, the former manager of Nottingham Forest Football Club and was idolised by the fans. I tried to a 'take' on the Gulliver's Island story.
IMG_1198.jpg

7th April - Good Friday - a lovely Spring day
At last a lovely day where we could have a good walk with the dogs without keep looking up at the sky! whilst we were walked, we stopped to look at the scenery, turned around and found the dogs sitting waiting for us. I think they were enjoying the weather as well!

BFCFBECD-5D2C-43BD-B578-88A03E77D948_1_102_o.jpg

11th April - Viburnum Flowers
This shrub grows in our garden and was one we inherited when we moved in 10 years ago. Each spring it produces these beautiful flowers that has a powerful scent which the bees love.
7DE8AC7F-62B6-4DEA-B3BD-5EB43A7364FE_1_102_o.jpg

12th April - Snakes Head Fritillary
One of my favourite flowers. The nodding, pink-and-purple-chequered flowers of the snake's-head fritillary are said to resemble a snake, hence the name.
View attachment 191667

I've never seen one before. They're quite something!

Abstract art meets nature!
Yes, it's beautiful. We call it kungsängslilja and it's the landscape symbol flower for our region Uppland. Disgustingly enough the story says that they got the colour from killed Danes in a big battle that took place on Kungsängen, where Kung is king and äng is meadow.

Yes, it's beautiful. We call it kungsängslilja and it's the landscape symbol flower for our region Uppland. Disgustingly enough the story says that they got the colour from killed Danes in a big battle that took place on Kungsängen, where Kung is king and äng is meadow.
I agree - they are rather unusual. Unfortunately they only last a few weeks and then gone for a another year!

16th April - Purple Hyacinths
Last year I was given a pot full of these purple Hyacinths as a present and when they finished, I planted them in the garden and this year, to my surprise they have developed beautifully and the colour has become much deeper.
1B566664-7E4F-457E-8480-5F9296F4D9FB_1_102_o.jpg

17th April - Pulmonaria
This is an unusual flower in respect with the fact that it has 2 different flowers on one branch with 2 different colours which represents veins and arteries.

View attachment 191796
Beautiful photo and a magic coincidence. I just saw a photo with pulmonarias from my camera roll this date 2 years ago and said to my husband: ”Now it’s time we start looking for the lungört (Swedish name). It should appear any day now” :)

Back
Top Bottom