• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Mobi52 jen’s 52 — collage with Rumi

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Oh dear. And I have no charge till tomorrow. So unless one of RoseCat ’s Mobi-faeries happen to be about, please either pretend it’s not there or feel inadequate because you cannot penetrate the depths of meanings in this, Er, highly coded, Er, where’s rizole when you need him? This simple and yet subtly nuanced comment on the secret artisan traditions of otherwise apparently normal middle class women except at Beltane when at sunset, under cover of the ritual fires, they all disappear into some cave or other and reappear at dawn laden with hooked rugs, Stilton and balsamic vinegar.

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
Oh dear. And I have no charge till tomorrow. So unless one of RoseCat ’s Mobi-faeries happen to be about, please either pretend it’s not there or feel inadequate because you cannot penetrate the depths of meanings in this, Er, highly coded, Er, where’s rizole when you need him? This simple and yet subtly nuanced comment on the secret artisan traditions of otherwise apparently normal middle class women except at Beltane when at sunset, under cover of the ritual fires, they all disappear into some cave or other and reappear at dawn laden with hooked rugs, Stilton and balsamic vinegar.
Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Nice quote - I’d never seen it before.
I’ve stumbled over a few Bradbury quotes overthe years and thought really? I don’t recognise the theme/content/rhetorical style. I think that says more about the quality of my reading than anything else....

On the other hand, much as I love Rumi, sometimes I wonder if he could possibly be responsible for all the internet/Pinterest/hipster tattoos attributed to him. Or maybe any time we read anything nice we assume it must be Rumi and attribute it thusly.

I trust only the Coleman Barks translations. I understand that the ancient scholars aree concerned by the Western ‘accent’ of his translations. From my pov, I can be certain I’m reading a translation of something Rumi actually wrote. And (bonus) being a Westerner largely ignorant of the Koran, Sufism and other important influences have not deprived me of ‘Rumi’.

Last edited: