Jerry’s Catch-All

Imaginary Atlanta Skyline

MidJourney, iColorama

IMG_0144.jpeg

Hi Jerry, please excuse my ignorance but are these images, photographs of paintings/artwork, photographs that you have turned into at via apps or something completely different?

Hi Jerry, please excuse my ignorance but are these images, photographs of paintings/artwork, photographs that you have turned into at via apps or something completely different?
Prior to late 2021, I posted a combination of straight photography, photos apped to look like paintings, collages using my photos, and Appstracts created on mobile devices. Those all fit nicely with how things are here at Mobitog. In late 2021 I started experimenting with AI text-to-image apps, using the results as input on collages. The AI imaging was poor at that time, and nothing I would want to post anywhere without major aping and combining.

As AI has improved, I find myself using that more and more. Now most of my images contain AI elements. Some use my own photos as a source, but most do not. I therefore keep to my thread here, and do not enter challenges. I appreciate the mods here letting me stick around, even though my images do not fit what this forum is all about.

If you look back, you’ll see that for many years, I did tutorials for mobile photography and art apps. I still retain a lot of knowledge about them, and I’m always willing to answer any questions I can about the apps. But mobile photography is not something I do on a daily basis; never has been. I think I did one 365 that was 80% photography, but that was a fluke year for me.

I appreciate the mods here letting me stick around, even though my images do not fit what this forum is all about.
What it originally was all about. But mobile photography is no longer the unique thing it once was and is becoming another part of photography as a whole. In addition you're not just relying on AI generators but also massaging the results with mobile apps.

Plus what you're doing is interesting. :D

Great kids' book illustration. Now somebody needs to write the book to go with it.
Yeah, an AI generated book :) Would be fun to try. I haven’t tried much of AI generated text. Just a few experiments in my mail app (Spark mail)
just generated this :geek::

Hope you're doing well. I recently wrote a children's story about a lonely cat in the wilderness that I think you might enjoy. It's a heartwarming tale about a curious cat who discovers the joys and challenges of making new friends in the wild.

In the story, the cat is initially hesitant to venture out into the unknown, but when a kind rabbit takes her under his paw, she begins to see the beauty of her surroundings and the potential for new relationships. With each new encounter, the cat learns more about the world around her and gains the confidence to explore on her own.

I think this story is particularly relevant to children who may be feeling isolated or alone, as it shows that with courage and kindness, we can all find our place in the world.

Let me know if you'd like me to send it over.

Best regards,
[Your Name]

Within Living Memory

Last night I visited my old high school for the last time. Nothing’s wrong with me (that I know of), but the building is going to be torn down and replaced. I was coming into my freshman year the day it opened in August of 1973.

When places disappear is the time that the clock starts ticking on “living memory”. When it only exists in memories. And eventually, it will no longer be within living memory. Fifty years is a long time for school buildings to survive in America, but it’s still the blink of an eye.

Here’s what I posted with this picture: “Here’s the Commons Area/dining area. Behind me is the lunch line, which now are four booths with counters. Directly in front of the of me is the painted-over mural. On the left is the front office, and on the right is a wall that wasn’t there. I am standing near where I danced with Allyson Martin at homecoming.”

IMG_0206.jpeg

Within Living Memory

Last night I visited my old high school for the last time. Nothing’s wrong with me (that I know of), but the building is going to be torn down and replaced. I was coming into my freshman year the day it opened in August of 1973.

When places disappear is the time that the clock starts ticking on “living memory”. When it only exists in memories. And eventually, it will no longer be within living memory. Fifty years is a long time for school buildings to survive in America, but it’s still the blink of an eye.

Here’s what I posted with this picture: “Here’s the Commons Area/dining area. Behind me is the lunch line, which now are four booths with counters. Directly in front of the of me is the painted-over mural. On the left is the front office, and on the right is a wall that wasn’t there. I am standing near where I danced with Allyson Martin at homecoming.”

View attachment 199526
They just finished tearing down my old high school. They had built a new school and converted the old to apartments years ago. Now it’s gone and new apartments are being built in it’s place.

Back
Top Bottom