Jerry’s Catch-All

Mind the Cart, Lady

From a shot by younger showing the ground as she was leaving the grocery store. Hence, the title.

SuperimposeX, DeepArtEffects, PastelloPro

F803F503-5E90-4566-9E6B-9CB16828FDEE.png

Sort on top of Blur 15. Blur 15 is a horizontal motion blur that you can make vertical using the direction slider.
Just when I think I’m getting myself untangled from the iColorama web, you post something that makes me say “how did he do that?”. I ask, you tell me, and there I am again, discovering a new level of iColorama joy. Then it’s two hours later and Mike is saying “Are going to get ready? We have to leave in a half hour.”...... I believe I could survive on iColorama, Procreate and SuperImposeX (love the masking and drop shadow). Keep your great images coming.

Nice! Are you impressed with Pastello Pro?
A question I was about to ask myself! I see you have been using quite a few Jixipix apps lately. Impresso as well. They are quite expensive and I wondered if they add anything extra to apps like Becasso, Glaze, iColorama apps, Graphite, Artomation etc etc?

By the way, loving this thread for the apps you use and marvelling at your clever manipulations. :thumbs::notworthy:

Just when I think I’m getting myself untangled from the iColorama web, you post something that makes me say “how did he do that?”. I ask, you tell me, and there I am again, discovering a new level of iColorama joy. Then it’s two hours later and Mike is saying “Are going to get ready? We have to leave in a half hour.”...... I believe I could survive on iColorama, Procreate and SuperImposeX (love the masking and drop shadow). Keep your great images coming.
I’d have to chuck Snapseed and ImaEngine into that mix but so right!

wow. Striking. Note to self: vertical blur :thumbs:
A question I was about to ask myself! I see you have been using quite a few Jixipix apps lately. Impresso as well. They are quite expensive and I wondered if they add anything extra to apps like Becasso, Glaze, iColorama apps, Graphite, Artomation etc etc?

By the way, loving this thread for the apps you use and marvelling at your clever manipulations. :thumbs::notworthy:

I recently (six weeks? Two months? All notion of time is currently lost) bought Impresso Pro, Watercolor Studio Pro and Pastello Pro. I consider all of them worth the price, but Pastello edges out the others because so many different looks are possible. I like the layering capabilities, and the masking is functional, if not as robust as iColorama or SuperimposeX. I find myself passing most of my images through one of the apps to see what comes out, as long as details are not crucial.

I wouldn’t say that they add anything to the worthy apps Ann listed, because to me that would would mean they could do what BeCasso, Glaze, etc. could do and more. But the looks i can get and the relative ease with which I can get them make them beneficial enough to me to offset the relatively high cost.

“Mule Shot”, shown here, was an experiment using PastelloPro. I captured this image of a shot glass sized Moscow Mule mug, and added a background in iColorama. Because most sketches aren’t absolutely perfect, I also used Warp in iColorama to pull some of the shape out of line. Then it was off to PastelloPro, where I modified one of the DaVinci settings. The result was a little too soft for me, so I created a Graphite version to blend using Multiply mode in iColorama.

836537BF-EE76-41B6-B619-56B7A38ED370.jpeg

I recently (six weeks? Two months? All notion of time is currently lost) bought Impresso Pro, Watercolor Studio Pro and Pastello Pro. I consider all of them worth the price, but Pastello edges out the others because so many different looks are possible. I like the layering capabilities, and the masking is functional, if not as robust as iColorama or SuperimposeX. I find myself passing most of my images through one of the apps to see what comes out, as long as details are not crucial.

I wouldn’t say that they add anything to the worthy apps Ann listed, because to me that would would mean they could do what BeCasso, Glaze, etc. could do and more. But the looks i can get and the relative ease with which I can get them make them beneficial enough to me to offset the relatively high cost.

“Mule Shot”, shown here, was an experiment using PastelloPro. I captured this image of a shot glass sized Moscow Mule mug, and added a background in iColorama. Because most sketches aren’t absolutely perfect, I also used Warp in iColorama to pull some of the shape out of line. Then it was off to PastelloPro, where I modified one of the DaVinci settings. The result was a little too soft for me, so I created a Graphite version to blend using Multiply mode in iColorama.

View attachment 157180
Brilliant! I’m tempted to buy Pastello Pro. I’m always looking for an app which ’finishes’ off an image to make it, um, more cohesive across the whole thing for want of a better word.

Brilliant! I’m tempted to buy Pastello Pro. I’m always looking for an app which ’finishes’ off an image to make it, um, more cohesive across the whole thing for want of a better word.

thanks Jerry, excellent (and illustrated) info as always :notworthy:

Ann, ‘cohesive’ makes sense to me: a finish that applies a bit of sameness to the different textures shapes etc - enough to make all the bits hang together ?
Talk about ’a way with words’: I found a way to re-state your perfectly one word in 22 words! Remarkable talent, if I say so myself :mobibabe:

Finding a Gleam

Procreate, iColorama, PastelloPro

ImageArt Ann is still up in the air about the usefulness of Pastello. She said elsewhere that she tried some sliders and didn’t see much difference. I’m not going to say that she is wrong; what’s useful to her is her own personal decision. But I find Pastello useful, and well beyond using their presets. Here’s a video from Jixipix that shows an image where they start from scratch, deleting the default pastel layer and adding two charcoal layers, one fill and one detail. Although the video uses the Mac version, it all applies to the iOS version.

There’s masking and smudging available. There are “detail ellipses” to add detail to area. I like using Conte layers to roughen the smooth pastel layers.

FB38F804-C8A7-401B-8772-465C7925FAA5.png

Here is the pre-Pastello version so you can see what was done to it.

5CD8C78F-FC0E-435A-AC6B-C0FD111FCC63.jpeg

thanks Jerry, excellent (and illustrated) info as always :notworthy:

Ann, ‘cohesive’ makes sense to me: a finish that applies a bit of sameness to the different textures shapes etc - enough to make all the bits hang together ?
Talk about ’a way with words’: I found a way to re-state your perfectly one word in 22 words! Remarkable talent, if I say so myself :mobibabe:
Exactly what I was trying to say! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom