Jerry’s Catch-All

Quality, Freshness, and Flavor

WomboDream, iColorama

Combined two WomboDream images with an iColorama Toon of myself. Reminded me of a 1939 short by the Pork Council, “Three Little Words”.

5A7007FB-6AD8-4009-A5DC-C32FEB457817.jpeg

Living on the Edge

WomboDream, NeuralPaint, MetaBrush, iColorama, DistressedFX+

Same technique as “Birth of an Idea”: monochrome WomboDream over painted background. Substituted MetaBrush for iArtbook for painting.

046885D0-3709-46FA-94CD-AC9CA8AFAD7C.jpeg

Last edited:
Living on the Edge

WomboDream, NeuralPaint, MetaBrush, iColorama, DistressedFX+

Same technique as “Birth of an Idea”: monochrome WomboDream over painted background. Substituted MetaBrush for iArtbook for painting.

View attachment 175917
This is great Jerry, would look good framed.

These are great, Jerry. Your manipulations of the AI images are showing me a new way to think about digital collages. eg, I like using bits of random Womble-type images because I like the colour or shape (as per normal rummaging around for interesting fragments). But these have me playing with words and phrases that match the collage-in-process and seeing how what Womble spits out might fit. I see a new form emerging — maybe the bastard cousin of your [lyrics + images} and Starzee ’s {haiku + images} :lmao:

These are great, Jerry. Your manipulations of the AI images are showing me a new way to think about digital collages. eg, I like using bits of random Womble-type images because I like the colour or shape (as per normal rummaging around for interesting fragments). But these have me playing with words and phrases that match the collage-in-process and seeing how what Womble spits out might fit. I see a new form emerging — maybe the bastard cousin of your [lyrics + images} and Starzee ’s {haiku + images} :lmao:
I have to say that I’m getting frustrated with the “Womble-ness” of it all. It’s so very strong in how it warps shapes out of reality and in its color palettes that I call using it “wrestling the demon”. I’ve got a few more that turned out nicely that I will post, but it’s not something I want to keep up with nearly exclusively.

I may (still) not know what my style is, but I know it’s not anything I can get out of an AI.

Imaginary Portrait

FaceApp, iColorama, Impresso Pro

If there’s one thing that irritates me about TTI apps (actually there are way too many to mention), it’s that faces and bodies are always warped and deformed beyond recognition. But it’s not as though AI is incapable of creating reasonable faces and bodies. Just look at websites like https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/ or https://generated.photos/face-generator

This particular image was of me, in a gym after voting. In FaceApp, an AI was able to erase the background and replace it with my own image of a picket fence. It also merged my face with Kyle MacLachlan’s, creating a face that does not exist, but looks as though it could. WomboDream could use that technology easily to create realistic faces or human bodies or animals, but they don’t. I wonder why that is?

31F47B2B-9039-4980-ADD9-9D971F08EBC4.png

Imaginary Portrait

FaceApp, iColorama, Impresso Pro

If there’s one thing that irritates me about TTI apps (actually there are way too many to mention), it’s that faces and bodies are always warped and deformed beyond recognition. But it’s not as though AI is incapable of creating reasonable faces and bodies. Just look at websites like https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/ or https://generated.photos/face-generator

This particular image was of me, in a gym after voting. In FaceApp, an AI was able to erase the background and replace it with my own image of a picket fence. It also merged my face with Kyle MacLachlan’s, creating a face that does not exist, but looks as though it could. WomboDream could use that technology easily to create realistic faces or human bodies or animals, but they don’t. I wonder why that is?

View attachment 176057
Perhaps there’s no money in making apps for that. Seems as weird looking faces are what “people want”. And animated photos. Wombo has an app that makes photos sing :alien:

Perhaps there’s no money in making apps for that. Seems as weird looking faces are what “people want”. And animated photos. Wombo has an app that makes photos sing :alien:
Yet in the neural imaging groups, high-volume users of TTI apps complain constantly about the faces, at the same time as they change their phrases to try to get something resembling reality. For example, just one face and two eyes that line up.

Everyone Knows It’s Slinky

WomboDream, AIGahaku, iColorama

I saw an old commercial for the metal spring toy Slinky, and entered “Slinky on stairs” as my prompt. My results looked like “Slinky as stairs” with that ugly purple common to WomboDream. AIGahaku is an AI app that’s a combination of Neural Paint and Portrait AI. I put them together and added the tag line for the jingle, which makes it kind of ominous.

DD5BD69E-19FE-46E0-9F1B-E824F6912C88.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom