Jerry’s Catch-All

I Meant to Do That

Fragment, iColorama

That title’s a lie.

EE325661-3C3F-4E19-865A-2E0DE690B4DF.jpeg

So has all your old stuff gone then Jerry?:eek: Aren’t you tempted to give them the finger?
Yes, it’s all gone. I am giving FB the finger, but not all my friends. Even before the pandemic, I lived somewhat like a hermit. I only got out to perform in plays - no parties or get-togethers in real life. So online, I can either only get news feeds (relentlessly depressing), communicate with distant people who share a fairly narrow interest (like here), or participate on FB with people I know and find out how their kids are doing, commiserate when their refrigerator breaks down, etc. I’ve found that the last part is essential to my mental health.

It’s horrible that a faceless monopoly has such a bearing on my health, but it is what it is. I could try writing to individual people, like he old days, but who has time to speak individually with me? I feel like I’m forcing myself on them.

Yes, it’s all gone. I am giving FB the finger, but not all my friends. Even before the pandemic, I lived somewhat like a hermit. I only got out to perform in plays - no parties or get-togethers in real life. So online, I can either only get news feeds (relentlessly depressing), communicate with distant people who share a fairly narrow interest (like here), or participate on FB with people I know and find out how their kids are doing, commiserate when their refrigerator breaks down, etc. I’ve found that the last part is essential to my mental health.

It’s horrible that a faceless monopoly has such a bearing on my health, but it is what it is. I could try writing to individual people, like he old days, but who has time to speak individually with me? I feel like I’m forcing myself on them.
:inlove:

What a loss….all those wonderful tutorials.

What a loss….all those wonderful tutorials.
Oh, the tutorials themselves aren’t lost. As I replied on FB,

I’ve got every piece of artwork (although I’m not sure what I titled anything that I didn’t also share on IG), and of course the tutorials themselves are still on my blog, The App Whisperer, and YouTube. But what disappears are the comments - someone asks what a particular menu choice does, or how to import a font in Phonto or iColorama, or whether Stackables still works for me. This is the glue that holds everything together, that makes people think, “He seems to know what he’s talking about, and does it in a friendly way. Wonder what else he has out there?”

Oh, the tutorials themselves aren’t lost. As I replied on FB,
Sorry, wrong word. To me everything I learn from is a tutorial, I guess. I have delved into those comments. I think it says something like “explanation in comments” or something like that. I don’t get on FB often, but the only things I actually read, other thatn family stuff, was the “teachings” in the comments. I guess I mis spoke. It’s a great loss

Sorry, wrong word. To me everything I learn from is a tutorial, I guess. I have delved into those comments. I think it says something like “explanation in comments” or something like that. I don’t get on FB often, but the only things I actually read, other thatn family stuff, was the “teachings” in the comments. I guess I mis spoke. It’s a great loss
Right. Some people will not search out the full tutorials at all unless they see that I am out there answering the “little” questions.

Bridge of Sighs

WomboDream, Oilbrush, iColorama, Reflect, Diptic

As promised, here I use the shot of the “walking bridge” as an influence in WomboDream. In both cases, the prompt was “Bridge of Sighs”. The image on the left used Strong influence, so only a hint of Venetian architecture can be seen in the partial buildings in the trees and the partial arch under the bridge. The image on the right has Normal influence, which gives the prompt more influence. It also required some use of the Reflect app because it didn’t “understand“ the water, and that it should reflect.

AEC61F17-4E0E-4929-83ED-914855E4C022.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom