Jerry’s Catch-All

Posed by the Monolith

WomboDream, iColorama

FDDFA6BB-FACC-4293-A4B6-EF8812806291.png

Good Lord, Is That an Audience?

iColorama, PastelloPro

Disclaimer: the original image is not mobile, although the work on it was. I just thought you might like to see my latest role as the ghost of John Barrymore in “I Hate Hamlet”.

3F305391-C981-4ABD-92F2-6AB11F94E174.jpeg

Mary Blair’s Enchanted Forest

WomboDream, iColorama, Brushstroke

Mary Blair was an illustrator that worked for Disney in the fifties. I used her as a style modifier in WomboDream, and got the background image. The figure was added in iColorama, then I took it through Brushstroke to get a fuzzier painted line. (Blair used very clean lines, but Dream’s lines couldn’t replicate them.)

81E4D11D-233B-493B-AA62-7D31C0C8B106.png

Your work is so amazing and consistently pleases. The sad thing is that if I ever meet you in person I won't know that it's you.
My avatar is pretty close.

Speaking of not looking like myself, I have to recount a story about the play I Hate Hamlet that I just finished. I played the ghost of John Barrymore, returning to his own apartment. A portrait was supposed to hang in the apartment of Barrymore, so I created one with a de-aged profile of mine placed on a monochrome photo of Barrymore. I then colorized and “painted“ the image to get this:

A99B3D0D-6CE5-46D8-BA75-E2C7D10ACBCA.jpeg

Here’s a photo of me on set in front of the portrait:

82639FF0-D007-4A84-A9FC-B67AA96EA01E.jpeg

Well, a review was written about the production, which doesn’t happen often in community theatre. Here’s a line from the review: “Getting it out of the way up front, Jerry Jobe seems totally miscast as Barrymore, looking nothing at all like the portrait of the famed actor that dominates the set.” So according to him, also, I look nothing like myself!

Speaking of not looking like myself, I have to recount a story about the play I Hate Hamlet that I just finished. I played the ghost of John Barrymore, returning to his own apartment. A portrait was supposed to hang in the apartment of Barrymore, so I created one with a de-aged profile of mine placed on a monochrome photo of Barrymore. I then colorized and “painted“ the image to get this:

View attachment 180914

View attachment 180915

Well, a review was written about the production, which doesn’t happen often in community theatre. Here’s a line from the review: “Getting it out of the way up front, Jerry Jobe seems totally miscast as Barrymore, looking nothing at all like the portrait of the famed actor that dominates the set.” So according to him, also, I look nothing like myself!
Well, doesn’t that just go to show - never listen to critics.

View attachment 180914

View attachment 180915

Jerry juryjone that is a riot. My wife and I had a good laugh! :lmao:

Love this, the shapes are so smooth, but the arrangement adds depth and texture. And the colours are understated but rich. I wish I could do that :notworthy:

When people tell me they don’t use Dream because they can’t get anything useful *to them* out of it, I can relate. I still rarely get anything useful without supplying my own photo to work from. And then I supply words that help with breaking up the fussy, weird little shapes and lines that it tries to add. In this case, I used “cubism”.

In addition, I almost always change the color palette in iColorama.

Back
Top Bottom