MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Hexabedroom

WomboDream, iColorama

You can “frame” your Dream photos if you use a shape on a dark background as your influence photo. I’ve done a few of these over the past few days that I’d like to post.

A859CFDB-0F81-4837-860E-FA525F477144.jpeg

JillyG

IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hexabedroom

WomboDream, iColorama

You can “frame” your Dream photos if you use a shape on a dark background as your influence photo. I’ve done a few of these over the past few days that I’d like to post.

View attachment 180982
I love all of that negative space.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - Jul 20, Feb 22
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hexabedroom

WomboDream, iColorama

View attachment 180982
Love it! Who is that reclined damsel? Or do I already know….

Last edited:

juryjone

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Love it! Who is that reclined damsel? Or do I already know….
She is an actress and dancer that I directed in a play a few years ago. She has given me the ability to use her images somewhat freely, since she’s liked everything I’ve done - so far!

So, not my daughter.

juryjone

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
New Lace Sleeve

WomboDream, iColorama

Sometimes, the shape in the influencing image is not a frame, but the shape given to an object. I used a brush stamp in iColorama, shown below, and used the prompt of New Lace Sleeve, one of my favorite Elvis Costello songs. I returned it to iColorama to add the hand.

A5638C7B-A5E8-48A5-9B6C-5145951CC648.jpeg

The starting shape:

1CD50607-63AF-48C0-83F9-4D3F5ABA1638.jpeg

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
New Lace Sleeve

WomboDream, iColorama

Sometimes, the shape in the influencing image is not a frame, but the shape given to an object. I used a brush stamp in iColorama, shown below, and used the prompt of New Lace Sleeve, one of my favorite Elvis Costello songs. I returned it to iColorama to add the hand.

View attachment 181023

The starting shape:

View attachment 181024
Amazing.:notworthy:

juryjone

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Swamp Decay

WomboDream, iColorama

I used a skull as the base today. WomboDream eliminated most of the definition (eyes, nose, teeth), so I blended the base image back in at low opacity to bring those back. I also blended another Dream swamp image for texture on the plain background.

27B02268-2AB9-4B0D-B28B-055E34E39C32.png

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Swamp Decay

WomboDream, iColorama

I used a skull as the base today. WomboDream eliminated most of the definition (eyes, nose, teeth), so I blended the base image back in at low opacity to bring those back. I also blended another Dream swamp image for texture on the plain background.

View attachment 181065
The brain still works out that it’s a skull. It’s probably more impactful/disturbing than an image of a skull. I love it, particularly those slashes of turquoise.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - Jul 20, Feb 22
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Swamp Decay

WomboDream, iColorama

View attachment 181065
You are really making Wombo work for you!

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Swamp Decay

WomboDream, iColorama

View attachment 181065
Chosen as an entry into IOTM-May.

juryjone

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
The Watching Serpent

WomboDream, iColorama

I used a spiral as the base today and created two Dream images, the serpent and the eye. Blended them in iColorama and added some blurring and toning.

BAC9C940-AF4D-4A3A-B07A-2FA73BC13BD1.jpeg

terse

IOTM Winner - May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21;
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Inspecting the Damage

WomboDream, iColorama, PastelloPro

This was done using the Etching style. Silhouette added in iColorama, color and pastel treatment in PastelloPro.

View attachment 181143
If I hadn't been following along with your experiments, I wouldn't have picked out Wombo as one of the ingredients in this image. Very effective.

juryjone

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Sanctuary

This is the last of my framing/negative-space experiments in WomboDream for now. I find it to be a very useful technique for toning down the mechanistic AI warping that Wombo has in spades. My conclusion remains the same: WomboDream is infinitely preferable as an intermediary step, using influence images, than as the final result.

437594A5-DAB0-4065-9357-C30A73B3EEF7.jpeg

jpclicks

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeff Pankin
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Sanctuary

This is the last of my framing/negative-space experiments in WomboDream for now. I find it to be a very useful technique for toning down the mechanistic AI warping that Wombo has in spades. My conclusion remains the same: WomboDream is infinitely preferable as an intermediary step, using influence images, than as the final result.

View attachment 181178
WOW!

juryjone

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
What ted said. These two are even tempting me to have a go at that style.
Great! I’ve found that most people fall into one of two camps: “Look what WomboDream did when I entered these words! What other words can I use?” and “Look at that garbage! How could you possibly think that is art or even yours?” Very few people are working with it as a single tool as part of their toolbox. I like forcing apps to do what I want.

ric alexander

Mr. Patience
Reaction score
Real Name
ric alexander
Device
iPhone 11
Great! I’ve found that most people fall into one of two camps: “Look what WomboDream did when I entered these words! What other words can I use?” and “Look at that garbage! How could you possibly think that is art or even yours?” Very few people are working with it as a single tool as part of their toolbox. I like forcing apps to do what I want.
Well, I’d like to see more in the same vein as those last ones, it’s closer to photography ( I was real useless at art and therefore I cannot appreciate it properly). With these though, it’s much Closer to photography angle. If I have the time and patience, I might give it a spin, the trouble is i get too frustrated sometimes but I won’t know unless I try. Well done again though.

juryjone

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Marilyn by Nially

WomboDream, iColorama

As I said to ric above, I like forcing apps to do what I want. WomboDream has a real problem with faces and even head shape, warping them horribly in most cases. Occasionally you’ll get something that’s semi-useful. In this case, Marilyn Monroe in the style of Francoise Nially, it gave me a nice eyebrow, but placed well down the face over a black blob of an “eye”. Using cloning, I moved the brow and covered the eye. I like the remainder.

CA2C4DC7-FD39-441C-935B-DEBF1793BC60.png