Jerry’s Catch-All

The Neighbors v4

MidJourney, iColorama

MidJourney released a version 5 a couple of weeks ago. Today and tomorrow is a comparison of versions 4 and 5. Bottom line: v5 is better with photorealistic, but loses the MidJourney style I appreciated so much with abstracts.

BF995A26-1100-4CDF-BC81-2F2EBFF10D48.jpeg

The Neighbors v5

MidJourney, iColorama

As you can see, more photorealistic, but not entirely. That’s because I used Tim Burton among my style identifiers. By the way, the seed image for both of these was a photo of Susan and me taken on the beach at Hilton Head.

2D292E80-38FC-47C7-9D79-DF2A3A56D0AE.jpeg

The Neighbors v4

MidJourney, iColorama

MidJourney released a version 5 a couple of weeks ago. Today and tomorrow is a comparison of versions 4 and 5. Bottom line: v5 is better with photorealistic, but loses the MidJourney style I appreciated so much with abstracts.

View attachment 191393

The Neighbors v5

MidJourney, iColorama

As you can see, more photorealistic, but not entirely. That’s because I used Tim Burton among my style identifiers. By the way, the seed image for both of these was a photo of Susan and me taken on the beach at Hilton Head.

View attachment 191437
I can see a hint of you in the first one and a bit of Susan in the second one. I do love that chin in the second one.

This Offer Will Not Last

WomboDream, iColorama

Created before WomboDream started allowing different aspect ratios, so I had to add a frame in iColorama.

View attachment 191486
Interesting. I forgot that icolorama had frames. Did you start with the image and change the aspect ration with the frame, or did you start with the ratio size and add both? (If that makes sense..)

Interesting. I forgot that icolorama had frames. Did you start with the image and change the aspect ration with the frame, or did you start with the ratio size and add both? (If that makes sense..)
I probably should have put quotes around the word frame. iColorama has Preset>Border which does not change the aspect ratio.

WomboDream used to output only in 1:2, which means that posting on IG would cut off the top and bottom. IG has a maximum portrait of 4:5, so what I did was create a 4:5 blank image and created a gradient and texture on it. Then I used Effects>Blend to bring in the 1:2 image and position it within the 4:5 “frame”.

I probably should have put quotes around the word frame. iColorama has Preset>Border which does not change the aspect ratio.

WomboDream used to output only in 1:2, which means that posting on IG would cut off the top and bottom. IG has a maximum portrait of 4:5, so what I did was create a 4:5 blank image and created a gradient and texture on it. Then I used Effects>Blend to bring in the 1:2 image and position it within the 4:5 “frame”.
Gotcha. Not an actual frame but a border. That’s about what I do in Procreate. Create a blank document of the proper size then insert the image. I usually just go with black, but I like the gradient.

Diner Life 1

WomboDream, iColorama

I have a couple of these Diner Life images, inspired by Hopper. In all cases I have blended them from two images - the original pass and using a zoomed-in original as a seed for the second pass to fix the faces.

856C0AD7-5002-4872-B4B3-593678273D11.jpeg

I don’t mind at all! I’m flattered.
It took me three tries, but it came out pretty well (although it's hard to tell from a photo of a print of an image). The image is 12x12 on 13x13 paper, and the photo next to it is on 8.5x11 paper for scale. In the first two attempts, the colors came out flatter and with less texture than the screen image, so I added a little saturation and clarity when printing to get a closer match. Usually I use a mat on images I'm going to hang, but I think I may just mount this on backing board and hang it that way. (I have way more matted prints now than I have room to hang them, so I rotate them every so often.)

IMG_4787.jpeg

Diner Life 1

WomboDream, iColorama

I have a couple of these Diner Life images, inspired by Hopper. In all cases I have blended them from two images - the original pass and using a zoomed-in original as a seed for the second pass to fix the faces.

View attachment 191625
People look great! The odd car with the yellow thing going to it’s tire, well, adds a little Escher to it.

It took me three tries, but it came out pretty well (although it's hard to tell from a photo of a print of an image). The image is 12x12 on 13x13 paper, and the photo next to it is on 8.5x11 paper for scale. In the first two attempts, the colors came out flatter and with less texture than the screen image, so I added a little saturation and clarity when printing to get a closer match. Usually I use a mat on images I'm going to hang, but I think I may just mount this on backing board and hang it that way. (I have way more matted prints now than I have room to hang them, so I rotate them every so often.)

View attachment 191648
It has its own edge, sorta, so I think it would work well without matting.

What a compliment! I print so few of the hundreds of images I create that it becomes a spiral: don’t print; don’t think anything’s worth printing; don’t print, etc.

Forest Fairy Figurine

WomboDream, iColorama

I loved the way the fairy looks as though it’s propped on a real mossy log. Fixed the face with a second pass.

5BD6EBAF-E4EC-4599-B9B7-27D3C36527F7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom