Jerry’s Catch-All

Fabulous. I wish I had one of these holes (in real life). I have downloaded the “hole” (thank you), but haven’t figured how you get your people and things in one - unless you mask them, do you? If so, you’ve done a wonderful job.
I maintain a library of already-masked objects. Then it’s only a matter of masking the edge that’s “in the hole”. It’s simple using the Limits switch in iColorama.

63393737-B154-4344-B4E6-77ED240FAE6B.png

I maintain a library of already-masked objects. Then it’s only a matter of masking the edge that’s “in the hole”. It’s simple using the Limits switch in iColorama.

View attachment 157611
Oh dear....another setting I never knew existed. I foresee a few hours in iColorama in my future.

Jerry, I’ve just been introduced (on Twitter) to a photomontage artist called John Heartfield and, seeing his work from 1934, I was reminded of your montages. He produced anti-Nazi posters and was on the Gestapo’s most wanted list. I think, if you hadn’t already heard of him, you might be interested in his work.

Jerry, I’ve just been introduced (on Twitter) to a photomontage artist called John Heartfield and, seeing his work from 1934, I was reminded of your montages. He produced anti-Nazi posters and was on the Gestapo’s most wanted list. I think, if you hadn’t already heard of him, you might be interested in his work.
I’ll take a look. Thanks!

Don’t you suit a beard. Now might be the time to grow one.
It would take months for the straggly hairs that do grow in to get as long as those in the picture. My beard is patchy and noncommittal.

Had a look at his stuff. Rather shocking/haunting but really brings home the terrible cruelty of Hitler’s reign.

Had a look at his stuff. Rather shocking/haunting but really brings home the terrible cruelty of Hitler’s reign.
Looking at his images reminds me of a truth about my own: when I go political, it’s because I have to. It’s a way for me to deal with the anxiety of seeing unchecked fear and hatred dominate, from local to global.

D9E6CE18-77B5-45D7-AABD-96F85B3FB25B.jpeg

On the other hand, when I go surreal, it’s because I want to. A mobile artist on Facebook pointed out that my two works with the holes were “very Wayman Stairs”, and I think that’s very high praise indeed.

Better Than Pills

FaceFunAI, iColorama

Face Fun AI is an app that rebuilds a face from a vast number of Renaissance portraits. When I used it on an image of my wife, it created a portrait that reminded me of Victorian-era advertising. Knowing that iColorama has a series of brushes of old ads, I did some blending and came up with this.

EAC59B3C-8879-4D2A-9518-FB2E322767FB.jpeg

Looking at his images reminds me of a truth about my own: when I go political, it’s because I have to. It’s a way for me to deal with the anxiety of seeing unchecked fear and hatred dominate, from local to global.

View attachment 157755

On the other hand, when I go surreal, it’s because I want to. A mobile artist on Facebook pointed out that my two works with the holes were “very Wayman Stairs”, and I think that’s very high praise indeed.

Wow, I’ve never heard of Wayman Stairs, but the images are amazing. My favourite is In Search of the Key to Happiness, but they’re all inspirational.

Better Than Pills

FaceFunAI, iColorama

Face Fun AI is an app that rebuilds a face from a vast number of Renaissance portraits. When I used it on an image of my wife, it created a portrait that reminded me of Victorian-era advertising. Knowing that iColorama has a series of brushes of old ads, I did some blending and came up with this.

View attachment 157756

beautiful portrait :)

View attachment 157755

Yes, I understand that. It’s cathartic in a way that writing down your feelings maybe is not. Plus, we love to see them so it’s win/win.

Back
Top Bottom