Jerry’s Catch-All

I looked up the play. It sounds hilarious - just the sort of thing I like to watch. But I imagine it’s much more difficult to direct, and act in, than a “normal” play because timing is so important. One of my absolute favourites (the film version too) is Noises Off!. I’ve seen it several times and just love it.
It was so much fun to perform in. Timing is crucial, as in all good farces. I had to do my own stunt work also, including a somersault over a bed. Quite a feat for an out-of-shape 60-year-old.

ive been involved in two productions of Noises Off. The first I was stage manager, supervising the rotation of the stage and making sure all the sardines, newspapers, boxes and doors were in place. (Horrible job. I had to run lights and sound also.) The second time, I played Selsdon, the drunken “burglar”, and was nominated for a local award for it. I love, love, love that play. The movie is quite different, but funny in its own way.

Unsafe for Walking or Playing

SuperimposeX, iColorama, ImpressoPro

881A3ADD-C22C-4DF5-BAFD-E7CE3DB75D45.png

Yes it is! I don’t understand why they are just abandoned. Why aren’t they sold off to some other developer?
I really don’t know. Keeping up with them is trivial, when you use the same basic interface for file handling in all of them.

maybe we should have a RIP thread for these unique apps . .. I think Sam & co ditched the whole lot, right? Lory Stripes, Matter . . . ?
Pixite got rid of Tangent, Shift, and LoryStripes, but kept Fragment, Matter, Assembly, and Union. Ben Guerette’s initial app (before he joined Pixite), Deco Sketch, is also still available.

Samer Azzam decided to ditch Stackables, but kept Formulas out there, which makes no sense at all. Formulas is nearly useless without Stackables. He definitely should turn it over to another developer who would keep it alive.

juryjone Jerry, is there a way to video your steps in iColorama, or am I imagining it? I could have sworn there was an option.

juryjone Jerry, is there a way to video your steps in iColorama, or am I imagining it? I could have sworn there was an option.
Sure. There’s a Record button on the center left. I choose “record screen only” because I prefer to add sound later - I don’t want to repeat steps just because I get tongue tied.

B7709F7B-087A-4AEB-98FE-F930271D547B.png

If you don’t see the Record button, check your settings and make sure “Hide record button” is turned off.

10DBB487-3999-415A-B66B-A9B4CAE60189.png

Sure. There’s a Record button on the center left. I choose “record screen only” because I prefer to add sound later - I don’t want to repeat steps just because I get tongue tied.

View attachment 160140

If you don’t see the Record button, check your settings and make sure “Hide record button” is turned off.

View attachment 160139
Aha!!!!!! I knew I saw a record button at some point. I did have the “hide record“ turned on. Thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom