Jerry’s Catch-All

Once you answer three riddles from the giant slug.

(Really good one, Jerry. I love the illustrated look with the smooth lines and gradients. :notworthy: )
You’re right; I do go for the smooth, illustrated look when possible. I hate grain in photos and when I see banding in gradients, I try to smooth it back out. Nature AND technology conspire against me. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving! (American)

Snapseed, DeepArtEffects, BeCasso, iColorama

A7A5DEF4-EA9E-4B06-894C-F4D180CCCF32.jpeg

I like your self portraits Jerry, one of the few Mobitog members that's prepared to show their face on a regular basis :thumbs:
Since I have no ready, willing models, I make do with my own mug for portraits. I figure if my edits make me presentable, I must be doing something right. Believe me, if she’d let me, my wife would be my model of choice.

Welcome to the New iPhone

Snapseed, DFT

I finally upgraded from a 6S+ to the new 12 Pro Max. That means that in addition to Night Mode improvements and the telephoto lens, which come new to the 12 Pro, I also am experiencing several features that others have had for years, like Portrait mode. I’ll be posting some photos that are my first tries with my new toy.

This first shot uses the Ultra Wide Angle lens. There is the expected distortion on the edges, but it’s not as bad as I feared. I used a filter from a late, lamented app - DFT.

A24F0D89-2A6E-4F40-A71E-C289A6A0F237.jpeg

Welcome to the New iPhone

Snapseed, DFT

I finally upgraded from a 6S+ to the new 12 Pro Max. That means that in addition to Night Mode improvements and the telephoto lens, which come new to the 12 Pro, I also am experiencing several features that others have had for years, like Portrait mode. I’ll be posting some photos that are my first tries with my new toy.

This first shot uses the Ultra Wide Angle lens. There is the expected distortion on the edges, but it’s not as bad as I feared. I used a filter from a late, lamented app - DFT.

View attachment 162465
Wow, look at those colours!

What You Lookin’ At?

Snapseed, Shift

This shot is a combination of two new features of the 12 Pro Max. It uses the 2.5x telephoto, which means Lucy didn’t run away from the camera being too close. Second, it used Portrait mode. Of course, Portrait mode can’t handle keeping individual hairs in focus over a blurred background, so the ear hairs disappear at the edge of the ear, and the whiskers on the viewer’s right get chopped off at the edge of her face. I’m still pleased with the result.

I added a filter in Shift, because I’m still playing with deleted apps.

F81E0F1C-FDBB-45A7-A11D-AD2DAD839763.jpeg

Eleven PM

Snapseed

The night mode of the iPhone 12 Pro Max is pretty darn good, in my estimation. The fact that the night was so dark means that there will be some pretty funky noise, as well as some strangely smooth areas where the noise reduction software over corrected. But it’s still acceptable.

Used Snapseed for white balance.

BF9A193A-F812-46C6-BF09-272C92645C95.jpeg

Eleven PM

Snapseed

The night mode of the iPhone 12 Pro Max is pretty darn good, in my estimation. The fact that the night was so dark means that there will be some pretty funky noise, as well as some strangely smooth areas where the noise reduction software over corrected. But it’s still acceptable.

View attachment 162507
I’m always amazed that a scene that is so black can come out like this.

Eleven PM

Snapseed

View attachment 162507
I haven’t had a chance to mess with the night mode. By the look of this I’d better step outside. It’s not like it’s not dark most of the day! :lmao:

(By the way, you should change your phone in your account settings. Brag it up!)

Looking Askance at 2020

Tintype, XnRetro

Using the spotlight feature of Portrait mode on my new iPhone 12Pro Max will make creating composites easier. Tintype is still available (unlike XnRetro), but who knows for how long. Tintype was last updated two years ago.

42D36F5F-E060-47A5-BFE7-92A4BB611C35.jpeg

Clickin’ Doggo

iColorama, SuperimposeX, Phonto

I saw an article in McSweeney’s - “If Famous Literary Characters Were Given Very Good Doggos” by Katie Burgess - and felt I had to illustrate this parody of The Raven.

2B917F12-28DF-4BFF-ADF2-588B25D60DDA.jpeg

Garden Help

iColorama, ImpressoPro, DistressedFX

My brother, who is an unofficial historian of Monroe County, Kentucky, posted a b&w photo this morning, and I colorized it in iColorama and finished it in Impresso Pro and DistressedFX. I tried to automatically colorize it using a new feature of the app Match Color, but it proved too complicated.

AC86A563-1789-452E-B196-08BF5EAEE010.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom