Jerry’s Catch-All

Early Is Better Than Late

Snapseed

We have a very important election in Georgia, and one that it is impossible to change my mind about. Therefore, I’m getting it done. Can I now avoid the 3+ weeks of fliers, texts, calls, and TV ads left?

066B607E-90CF-4A50-A790-8ED98A04670C.jpeg

Outlook Improvement Attempt

iColorama

The new Matte button on the Brush Mask toolbar partially automates masking of people from a background. Using that button is very easy and takes little time. The remainder of the video shows me refining the mask and using it in various ways. Additionally, it shows using the Chroma key feature, using the Burn tool on the masked figure, and the concept of a shaped spotlight. The video was done quickly, and I hope you can overlook the occasional video freeze and brain freeze on my part as I narrate.

Matte Masking

FE405525-A123-47ED-B6BB-299AC6E996A5.jpeg

juryjone Jerry, I’m seeing on FB a lot of comment on the new upgrade for iColorama. Except for the Matte function that you demonstrated, I’m not seeing any change. Am I that unobservant? One person mentioned layers. I don’t find any layers, just the same old steps that were always there.

Shining Brightly

iColorama

In addition to the Matte button described in the tutorial video on Friday, two features were added on Saturday (look here, Starzee). One is a Refine feature added to the Lazy button on the mask toolbar. The other is Save Knock, which allows you to save masked items, or knock-outs, with a transparent background. Here I used the masked-off dancer and small cranberry-glass vase to create a new collage. I can use them now in future projects as well. I will, most likely, publish another tutorial later this week - these features are a little more complicated.

440F2596-D002-4B28-8423-92AF8745ED46.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom