Jerry’s Catch-All

Fieldwork

Snapseed, Impresso Pro

577FE366-FDB6-4262-AFF2-BB31C815D627.png

All in iColorama.....you amaze me!
The truth is, the arrangement of the tiles was a lucky fluke. Placing and sizing the multiple rectangular masks to keep the color in selected tiles was a major pain. Just because it’s possible to do some things in iColorama doesn’t mean it’s always an efficient process.

The truth is, the arrangement of the tiles was a lucky fluke. Placing and sizing the multiple rectangular masks to keep the color in selected tiles was a major pain. Just because it’s possible to do some things in iColorama doesn’t mean it’s always an efficient process.
Super fluke and your tedious work paid off.

That looks very moody, I’m familiar with DistressedFX but what part does Colorama play
I use iColorama for what I call a shaped spotlight. It’s really just dodging and burning that’s not highly targeted.

I’ve got an album that contains many images of blurred areas of white, color, or 50% gray on black. The one shown here is the one I used on my landscape. Depending on whether I blend in Multiply or Overlay, I will use the Lightness slider. Using Multiply with gray will darken the spotlight area too much, and using Overlay with white will lighten the spotlight area too much. Using the Saturation slider helps with colored spotlights that add too much color.

I use my spotlights frequently, but rarely as heavily as I used it here. I wanted a lot of moodiness, way more than in the original shot.

9F6DD833-7293-41BB-B1FA-9469D408819C.png

Back
Top Bottom