Jerry’s Catch-All

The Mate Was a Mighty Sailing Man

FaceApp, DeepArtEffects, BeCasso, iColorama

6377AD79-8E76-4388-86A5-9BD7033237C4.jpeg

Amy at the Grey Havens

FaceApp, Snapseed

The Face Swap portion of FaceApp can do some interesting things, often creating people that only slightly resemble either of the originals. This one is obviously my daughter and has very little of Cate Blanchett remaining. First of a series.

C564A360-44BE-4E11-8500-01CC5C4720D9.jpeg

Who’s That and What Have You Done with Paul?

FaceApp, iColorama

If you choose your image first and swap it onto a group shot, you can’t choose the particular person in the group. If you reverse the order and choose the group photo first, you can. Second of a series.

B4EFA806-3EDE-4BAA-B224-EBE2EC6F1C46.jpeg

Who’s That and What Have You Done with Paul?

FaceApp, iColorama

If you choose your image first and swap it onto a group shot, you can’t choose the particular person in the group. If you reverse the order and choose the group photo first, you can. Second of a series.

View attachment 167758
Very cool but also scary and disturbing! To think that this type of edit might be the norm for both photos and videos in not too long, I’ll brace myself for the fame! (And the doom!) (but mostly for the fame :lmao:)

Very cool but also scary and disturbing! To think that this type of edit might be the norm for both photos and videos in not too long, I’ll brace myself for the fame! (And the doom!) (but mostly for the fame :lmao:)
I don’t think there will be many random people using my face or body for swapping purposes. I think you will have to achieve fame in some other way to make it an issue.

Angelic?

FaceApp, iColorama, something else

FaceApp will also try to match the look of the original, including painting. So here I had an old Victorian-era notecard image. I “changed my gender” using FaceApp, then swapped it onto the notecard. (I can’t recall what app I used to age the result. Sorry.)

EAFAD801-FC7C-4774-AB20-25037A7E3513.jpeg

Here’s the original notecard image.

033E5B52-506C-4A4D-9DC1-0E6291A2583E.jpeg

Should I Go with Strapless?

FaceApp, iColorama

The Face Swap also works with mannequins. Fourth in a series.

AF80E93E-1D2B-4B81-8BFE-EEF17EF77445.jpeg

Bonus picture: a Superman mannequin.

2150E461-1ECA-4FE0-B164-BE9E78279FD4.jpeg

Schramms at The Brown Derby 2014

VoilàAI, iColorama, DeepArtEffects

The hottest new app is Voilà AI Artist, which produces a cartoon, caricature or “Renaissance” look. It only works on a single face at one time, is very low-res, and slaps a big watermark on the image. To get rid of the ads and watermark you have to pay an exorbitant subscription.

Of course, I can’t leave it at that. I up the resolution using Smart Resize 2X, remove the watermark with TouchRetouch, and blend the faces back into the original image with iColorama. (It helps that cartoons and caricatures have larger heads, so they overlap the original.) Then I use an art app, like Prisma or DeepArtEffects to lessen the difference between photo and drawing.

D32777CB-2D9E-46AF-98F6-F7503DFC9F82.jpeg

Schramms at The Brown Derby 2014

VoilàAI, iColorama, DeepArtEffects

The hottest new app is Voilà AI Artist, which produces a cartoon, caricature or “Renaissance” look. It only works on a single face at one time, is very low-res, and slaps a big watermark on the image. To get rid of the ads and watermark you have to pay an exorbitant subscription.

Of course, I can’t leave it at that. I up the resolution using Smart Resize 2X, remove the watermark with TouchRetouch, and blend the faces back into the original image with iColorama. (It helps that cartoons and caricatures have larger heads, so they overlap the original.) Then I use an art app, like Prisma or DeepArtEffects to lessen the difference between photo and drawing.

View attachment 167881
Clever! And cool image!

Back
Top Bottom