Jerry’s Catch-All

Desert Path

Oilbrush, Snapseed, FrameBuilder

E5546E6F-D0A2-47FB-8A2F-00EA7A7B397A.png

Haunted Mansion - Water Version

BeCasso, iColorama

Digital Masterpieces, developer of BeCasso, has released two apps that do a portion of what BeCasso can do - Waterbrush and Oilbrush. While all of the apps have extensive control, you are starting from basic preset looks, and you cannot modify one look to look like another. In other words, whether you want one or more of the apps depends on whether the presets offer you looks that you want.

I’ve found that, for me, the water presets in BeCasso are sufficient, while the additional presets in Oilbrush warrant the separate purchase. I am posting a water look today and an Oilbrush version of the same photo tomorrow.

048FBB0B-7F15-4967-BB87-20F05E9FE619.jpeg

Haunted Mansion - Water Version

BeCasso, iColorama

Digital Masterpieces, developer of BeCasso, has released two apps that do a portion of what BeCasso can do - Waterbrush and Oilbrush. While all of the apps have extensive control, you are starting from basic preset looks, and you cannot modify one look to look like another. In other words, whether you want one or more of the apps depends on whether the presets offer you looks that you want.

I’ve found that, for me, the water presets in BeCasso are sufficient, while the additional presets in Oilbrush warrant the separate purchase. I am posting a water look today and an Oilbrush version of the same photo tomorrow.

View attachment 173275
I agree about Oilbrush, though I don't think I've tried Waterbrush. For me, Graphite also offers better sketch presets and controls than BeCasso, too.

I agree about Oilbrush, though I don't think I've tried Waterbrush. For me, Graphite also offers better sketch presets and controls than BeCasso, too.
I just have a problem with them being subscription. I don’t test for Oilbrush but I do test for the others. I’d rather buy the apps and at least support them.

Actually I have just run an image through BeCasso and prefer the pencil preset to anything I could get out of Graphite. There is one particular preset in Graphite that you brought to my attention, Ted, and I’m wondering if it’s still there.

9EE690DC-6FDF-488F-BE7C-11083E4C2104.jpeg

Last edited:
I just have a problem with them being subscription. I don’t test for Oilbrush but I do test for the others. I’d rather buy the apps and at least support them.

Actually I have just run an image through BeCasso and prefer the pencil preset to anything I could get out of Graphite. There is one particular preset in Graphite that you brought to my attention, Ted, and I’m wondering if it’s still there.

View attachment 173283
Maybe Rough Sketch is the one you're thinking of? Somehow I got grandfathered in to Graphite and have it without subscription. Early adopter maybe? I like it, but I don't use it enough for a sub.

Maybe Rough Sketch is the one you're thinking of? Somehow I got grandfathered in to Graphite and have it without subscription. Early adopter maybe? I like it, but I don't use it enough for a sub.
Well, that‘s an issue, isn’t it? I don’t do subscription, either, unless there’s a lifetime subscription option that’s not extortion. I’ve also been an early adopter of their apps and gotten either a lower introductory lifetime purchase (Oilbrush) or grandfathered in (BeCasso and, I think, Graphite).

The current lifetime price for Waterbrush is $41, and that’s just too much for me. It’s more than Jixipix’s Watercolor Studio, which allows for MUCH more control with layering.

Haunted Mansion - Oil Version

Oilbrush, iColorama

As promised, a second version of the same image, using Oilbrush by Digital Masterpieces. I like the illustrative look the Plain preset gives me, although I tend to tweak any preset. Most presets in most apps benefit from tweaking.

2AA2C923-35FC-4D7E-A6B1-D9B46E540255.jpeg

Haunted Mansion - Oil Version

Oilbrush, iColorama

As promised, a second version of the same image, using Oilbrush by Digital Masterpieces. I like the illustrative look the Plain preset gives me, although I tend to tweak any preset. Most presets in most apps benefit from tweaking.

View attachment 173310
fantastic building whatever the edit

Back
Top Bottom