Jerry’s Catch-All

Chapel on the Water

WomboDream, Neural Paint, iColorama

A tutorial, discussing this work and some AI apps in general, is now available on YT. Let me know what you think!

View attachment 174656
Interesting that you used the Resize x2 app. I also used it to increase the size of some WomboDream Art I‘ve done but while zooming in close to make changes I noticed that it does cause pixelation along some edges. I then turned to Photo (pro version of Pixelmator) that Ted recommended for enlarging images and it definitely does a much better job.

The tutorial was great but the choice of the main object feels in contrast to the rest. I love the moon and tree. The object just feels a bit disjointed. However, the tutorial itself gives you the right idea.

The Princess by the Castle

iColorama

Toon has been added to the iPad version also!

78598E5D-DFC6-4DC7-B5A0-7F3FCD5F4610.jpeg

Nice result! I'm not getting quite so dark outlining on the first couple I tried. Did you do something after Toon? (And I'm not used to seeing iColorama effects that don't have any sliders to play with.)
Teresita is a wonderful developer, but she can’t come up with everything - especially an AI. So she is using a canned bit of code, a procedure, a black box. There’s no tweaking what the black box does. You can modify it before or after, but not what it does.

As with most of these “toon” AIs, it caters to faces. If it finds a face, it has algorithms to produce a nice result. No faces, and the results are “sketchier”.

If there are multiple faces, or single small faces, then the results can vary also. That’s why I tend to run the filter at least twice, saving off the close-up, and merging it into larger, more abstract background, as I did here.

Teresita is a wonderful developer, but she can’t come up with everything - especially an AI. So she is using a canned bit of code, a procedure, a black box. There’s no tweaking what the black box does. You can modify it before or after, but not what it does.

As with most of these “toon” AIs, it caters to faces. If it finds a face, it has algorithms to produce a nice result. No faces, and the results are “sketchier”.

If there are multiple faces, or single small faces, then the results can vary also. That’s why I tend to run the filter at least twice, saving off the close-up, and merging it into larger, more abstract background, as I did here.
Thanks, Jerry. I'm starting to get more of what I was looking for by reducing Toon a bit and then adding a reduced Lighten/3 or Edges/1.

I find that it works better when the person is wearing sunglasses. The eyes are sometimes too round. It also makes the person rather young!
The Toon algorithm does tend towards an anime look, with larger eyes. The change in size means you can’t really change the opacity of the effect on the face. I believe Ted was referring to the use of Toon on non-facial subjects.

Looking younger is not a problem for me! It would take a while for the software to replicate every line I’ve got.

Sinking Back into the Bayou

WomboDream, Neural Paint, Glaze, iColorama

Both today’s and tomorrow’s image come from the same WomboDream background. Only a few of the structures should look the same.

View attachment 174987

Abandoned Toy

WomboDream, Neural Paint, iColorama

As promised, this is from the same WomboDream starting image as yesterday’s.

View attachment 175024
I’m drawn to the first one. Maybe its the colors or the spray of flowers on the top.

The Persistence of Jerry

WomboDream, Elasticam, SuperimposeX, iColorama

WomboDream has a new S.Dali style, so I thought it would make a good background for my warped Toon head.

E6B97185-5835-49B4-8002-50622EB15012.jpeg

i had tried to get something Daliesque by actually entering his name into WomboDream, but interestingly, it gave me some letters instead. I added some Neural Paint around the edges and an extra sphere in iColorama.

AA076673-3206-4436-9DBE-86463B1C3CD7.jpeg

Birth of an Idea

WomboDream, NeuralPaint, iArtbook, iColorama, DistressedFX+

B41115C7-52F1-42A7-A48A-E9815CE54FF3.jpeg

After my recent tutorial on collaging AI app output, I said somewhere that I would try painting the mushy, low-res output from NeuralPaint in a painting app like iColorama, MetaBrush, iArtbook, etc. to give it more definition. This is one of the results of that experiment. At the upper left is WomboDream, upper right is NeuralPaint. Lower left is iArtbook, lower right is combined and toned in iColorama with added DistressedFX+.

D9A14F0E-C2D8-43F6-AC86-5364E17278D8.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom