Jerry’s Catch-All

Interesting. Artists these days seem to get recognised the more outrageous they are. Are they truly feeling it from the heart? A snotty tissue hanging from a piece of string.

Does the writer above feel nothing because he thinks the machine feels nothing. If I told him a piece was by an artist, would he start questioning what the artist was trying to say. Your Four Seasons for example. If it had been done by an artist, I would think, oh, he/she is trying to depict our evolution from nature.

Just an aside, will artists start painting images from AI and quote them as their own ideas.

Apologies for putting internet images here but I want to prove a point. Is this AI or a real painting. If it’s AI does it have no meaning?

View attachment 188377

Actually, it’s a real painting but it could be either. The painter was called Kunst? Maybe AI will actually stimulate our imagination to be more absurd or grotesque. Does that make it more understandable because it’s by an artist.

Edit: actually what I quite like about Jason Allen’s picture is that I can imagine the scene depicted there in my own way. Great fun.

ImageArt Ann nice to see you :) Season’s greetings to you and your DH - where are you spending the holiday period?

ImageArt Ann nice to see you :) Season’s greetings to you and your DH - where are you spending the holiday period?
Hi Jen, stuck in the UK because my DH was waiting for the renewal of his SA passport. However, we got it the week before Christmas so off to SA end Jan. Can’t wait! It’s been so rainy here. Hardly been out of the house.

Evicted from the Radiator

MidJourney, iColorama

it’s been a tough year for many, even fictional characters from Eraserhead.

1616FD62-A972-434E-A615-BA5738EA2A35.png

How’s your French drain holding up?
Not bad, water is taken away from the brickwork faster which should help with damp in the back room. It would have been nice to have gone deeper but the old patio was laid on concrete foundations (looks like they had plans to extend and then didn't for some reason, honestly, every job done on this house, for decades, was a bodge job) which retains water quite a bit longer than soil would. I did the best I could digging into it but only had a lump hammer chisel and limited will power and oly went down so far.

New Year Possibilities

MidJourney, iColorama, Phonto

My catch-all has become my de facto 365, since I post daily. Maybe I should close this thread and start another. I don’t know.

View attachment 188651
You only have 71 pages. Or my gawd, you have 71 pages! Does that help? Did MidJourney put the reflections in there?

You only have 71 pages. Or my gawd, you have 71 pages! Does that help? Did MidJourney put the reflections in there?
Yes, MidJourney built it with the reflections. I appreciated that. But the snouts didn’t reflect, so I didn’t feel bad covering them with text.

If I create a new thread, then it will be interesting to see if everybody will follow it. I’ll probably stay right here.

Roll Up for the Ghost Train

MidJourney, iColorama

Reminded me of the Elvis Costello lyric:
Roll up for the ghost train
Non-stop through the city
Step right up and show your face
We only want the pretty ones

MidJourney had the smoke coming from the building rather than the train, so I moved it.

4EC8FC4C-B954-41EA-B799-AC2E7F369E1D.jpeg

A Walk with Grandpa

MidJourney, iColorama

Style of Jean-Baptiste Monge.

View attachment 188758
Did you have to do any cleanup on this image? It's impressive because the only oddities I can see are the tendrils on the man's boots and maybe the thing sticking out of the child's right sleeve. None of the usual "smoke coming from the building rather than the train" sort of thing, and the background is beautifully soft.

Did you have to do any cleanup on this image? It's impressive because the only oddities I can see are the tendrils on the man's boots and maybe the thing sticking out of the child's right sleeve. None of the usual "smoke coming from the building rather than the train" sort of thing, and the background is beautifully soft.
It seems to me that I didn’t have to do cleanup. A crop, a toning, a sharpening. I was thrilled with the soft background.

Although the tendrils on the boots don’t bother me, the long ones from whatever Grandpa is holding do. I probably should have gotten those.

Recycled Abstract

MidJourney, iColorama

I used an abstract created in iColorama in 2018 as an input image with the prompt “abstract design”.

5820CC96-D1FC-4D1D-B1BC-7FD64710BD73.png

Here’s the original.

2BDF33D6-320D-4CF7-92B1-2C614E115F27.jpeg

Recycled Abstract

MidJourney, iColorama

I used an abstract created in iColorama in 2018 as an input image with the prompt “abstract design”.

View attachment 188810

Here’s the original.

View attachment 188811
This AI is an Art Deco fan.

When I look at a pairing like this of prompt + AI images, I automatically start to wonder how it managed to edit the one into the other. But that's not what's happening, is it. The AI is not editing but starting from scratch using some rules drawn from the prompt. I find it hard to shake the "edit" reaction, though. Still getting used to it all, I guess.

When I look at a pairing like this of prompt + AI images, I automatically start to wonder how it managed to edit the one into the other. But that's not what's happening, is it. The AI is not editing but starting from scratch using some rules drawn from the prompt. I find it hard to shake the "edit" reaction, though. Still getting used to it all, I guess.

In my own explorations I’m finding it interesting (in a dizzying kind of way) to try to discover exactly what rules the ‘evolved’ image is drawing on. Jerry’s above makes more sense (bears a discernible likeness to the original ) than a lot I’ve seen.

In my own explorations I’m finding it interesting (in a dizzying kind of way) to try to discover exactly what rules the ‘evolved’ image is drawing on. Jerry’s above makes more sense (bears a discernible likeness to the original ) than a lot I’ve seen.

The strongest resemblance I see is the color palette. After that, it takes the rectilinear look of the left and the curves of the right and mashes them together, since it is redrawing from scratch.

Today’s is much the same, taking the palette and the idea of florals.

Feed Your Head 1: Barney Bubbles

MidJourney, iColorama

I decided to create some psychedelic works from some of the most prominent graphic artists of the sixties/early seventies. The first four all use the prompt “man screaming, feed your head” (if you don’t get that reference, go ask Alice).

3DC0BEDA-FE9A-487E-9B72-CF158BB0FF2A.png

Back
Top Bottom