Mobi365 Jilly’s Project 365 - 2022

033/365

DA3EB2A2-9735-43A5-8901-6D18D908B79C.jpeg

Inspired by WOTANICUS Bill (I think), I photographed our little clump of snowdrops.
RNI Films

034/365

View attachment 176346

On our walk today we came across two deer shooters. They were the official ones, employed by the estate to cull the deer. You can just see a herd on the horizon.
Hipstamatic
Nice contrast between the sky and the brown winter dirt. Apparently we should be eating more venison (the meat eaters that is).

Nice contrast between the sky and the brown winter dirt. Apparently we should be eating more venison (the meat eaters that is).
Oh, this made me remember we had venison steak with chanterelle sauce on our wedding party in 1987. Another thing I remember is that the chef had been drinking all the bottles of good wine so our guests got served a simpler wine :rolleyes: He died shortly afterwards, not because of the wine, but because of maltreated diabetes. It’s amazing how memories pop up from down in the darkness if they just get the right trigger. I didn’t think of it when I admired the photo, instead it came up when I said “oh, so “venison” is the English word for “hjortkött” :)

034/365

View attachment 176346

On our walk today we came across two deer shooters. They were the official ones, employed by the estate to cull the deer. You can just see a herd on the horizon.
Hipstamatic
Lovely image. I still don't fully understand what makes landscape photos work. I'm not at all sure that if I'd been standing where you were, I would have recognized this as the effective shot it is.

Lovely image. I still don't fully understand what makes landscape photos work. I'm not at all sure that if I'd been standing where you were, I would have recognized this as the effective shot it is.
Thank you Ted. I’m not sure I recognised it either. When I took the photo, I was trying to get the deer, but then I noticed that big cloud.

For me the photo “works “ because of the contrast between the earth and sky colors, as John pointed out.

Oh, this made me remember we had venison steak with chanterelle sauce on our wedding party in 1987. Another thing I remember is that the chef had been drinking all the bottles of good wine so our guests got served a simpler wine :rolleyes: He died shortly afterwards, not because of the wine, but because of maltreated diabetes. It’s amazing how memories pop up from down in the darkness if they just get the right trigger. I didn’t think of it when I admired the photo, instead it came up when I said “oh, so “venison” is the English word for “hjortkött” :)
I love it when a random photo invokes a memory.:hearteyes:

I agree. I would probably have looked through my iphone and thought ‘that’s a nothing picture’ when in fact it’s great.

Back
Top Bottom