MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Nice and cozy, isn’t it. We use ours almost every night in this time of the year. We still have “tons“ of wood from the storms
Yes, but it made the room sooooo hot, and this is the smallest logburner we could find.:rolleyes:
One my favorite things with our wood stove is when the fire is going and our windows are wide open. Ahhhh.

rizole

Owes smooth doughnuts
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei
Yes, but it made the room sooooo hot, and this is the smallest logburner we could find.:rolleyes:
You need to perfect the art of the slowburn. Once you have it at heat, choke it down to the minimum and feed it sparingly. Let the ash build up over several days to further minimise air flow and also insulate the fire so heat builds up in the ash and keeps the fire warm for longer. Bonus points for keeping a fire going for days and only lighting it once at the start. You run the risk of smothering it completely so use the poker to burrow an air channel through the ash.
Apologies if I'm teaching you how to suck eggs.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
You need to perfect the art of the slowburn. Once you have it at heat, choke it down to the minimum and feed it sparingly. Let the ash build up over several days to further minimise air flow and also insulate the fire so heat builds up in the ash and keeps the fire warm for longer. Bonus points for keeping a fire going for days and only lighting it once at the start. You run the risk of smothering it completely so use the poker to burrow an air channel through the ash.
Apologies if I'm teaching you how to suck eggs.
I made a ten year in vivo study of same :) My record was five days. (I was aiming for a week, but on the fifth night I shut the door too fast and blew out the remaining embers:lmao:)

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
287/365

View attachment 172443
This is the sock puppet of Francisco Pizzaro. It was made for my Zoom Spanish lesson. Pizzaro was a conquistador from Trujillo in Spain. He was responsible for bringing down the Inca empire, sadly.
Bring down the Incan Empire, end up a sock puppet.