Mobi365 JillyG’s Project 365 - 2021

This will probably only be of use to UK Mobi members, but I’d love to win a Canon printer worth £1,000, so I might enter. It’s one entry per week and it must have been taken in the previous week to be eligible. sinnerjohn John, rizole Rizole, WOTANICUS Bill, jangray Jan, davegray Dave, richardcb Richard, ImageArt Ann, NickLeon Nick - I think you all should have a go! See the rules etc here: https://fotospeed.com/fsprint-monday
I'm trying to be less cynical..........but..........I see last year's winner was a, I quote 'Multi Award Winning Landscape Photographer' hmmmm.

Images from the 12th https://www.flickr.com/photos/141883015@N05/albums/72157719588279600
There are some very polished images and admittedly a few naff ones :lol:
They hilariously picked the laughing seal as the weekly winner only to realise it was take last January or something!!

Last edited:
What? Well, you’re in for a treat. And you can zoom in and out mid-double as it were. It’s fun seeing what comes out. I was inspired to try the Hipsta DE when a neighbour had an Open Studio weekend recently. His wife is a weaver and he is a abstract photographer ( https://davidtownshend.com/ ). Although he uses a Canon DSLR that, apparently, takes multiple exposure shots (who knew?), his images are reminiscent of yours Star. He prints them onto Fine Art paper, which makes SUCH a difference to the finished result. They have a finish like unglazed porcelain - just lovely.
Didn’t realise you could zoom in and out during the double exposure…well something new

197/365

FE022A96-87AA-46A8-8F33-EFA9D773E363.jpeg

This is Willow. She’s hiding in the summerhouse because the garden was filled with guests attending the 40th birthday party of Lucinda, who lives in the village.
Hipsta

Poor little darling.
Is she yours? I don’t remember seeing her before. :inlove:
No, she’s Lucinda’s mum and dad’s dog. She’s very timid. Lucinda has Down’s Syndrome and has been back with her parents since this stupid virus thing started. She’s hoping to move to another residential unit soon.

For some reason, 11x14 is a rare size, while 11x17 (Tabloid) is a standard one. I had to create a custom size to print 11x14 even on my fancy Canon Pro-10.
I obviously have more research to do.

199/365

04CB2D26-E743-42A8-8E6F-13D36C53CDDC.jpeg

This amazing creature has been flying around the pond today, depositing its eggs in the soft wood. It’s a female Southern Hawker. Such a gorgeous thing and we‘re honoured that it’s chosen our pond for its babies.
Snapseed

Last edited:
199/365

View attachment 168972
This amazing creature has been flying around the pond today, depositing its eggs in the soft wood. It’s a female Southern Hawker. Such a gorgeous thing and we‘re honoured that it’s chosen our pond for its babies.
Snapseed
Wow, I’m impressed and a bit envious. I’ve been trying to capture one of these for two days now. Just as your’s it lives near our pond.

198/365

View attachment 168971
Heron taking flight. Just coming into Woodnewton, this heron stayed on the bridge for quite a while as I crept towards it. Even when it flew off, it didn’t go far.
Native camera app
I think Herons love to tease, they just like to move far away enough so you can't get a shot. Tricky beasts.

201/365

Grafham Water Reservoir

View attachment 169038
Talk about mad dogs and Englishmen!!! We cycled around Grafham Water today. Not too many miles (9) but it was 28 degrees and humid.
Native camera app.
Aha, so that’s where our warmth is. We’ve had about 20 degrees for two days now and after the long heatwave we think it’s really cold :cool: Well done for taking the tour in the heat:thumbs:

201/365

Grafham Water Reservoir

View attachment 169038
Talk about mad dogs and Englishmen!!! We cycled around Grafham Water today. Not too many miles (9) but it was 28 degrees and humid.
Native camera app.
Nice shot and we were a third that temperature and cold, although 28 would be pretty normal down here in summer

Lovely clouds. What's that structure at the end of the bridge?
Apparently, it’s a valve tower. I presume it’s something to do with maintaining the level of the reservoir (sluices?).:confused:

202/365

View attachment 169107
The little black specks are birds, not bugs on your screen. :lol:
Native camera app
I cleaned my iPad screen half-an-hour ago so no bugs here :D The moon is a mystery: it’s supposed to be almost full (97%) but looks half:alien: This is kind of funny as it looks almost exactly as a photo I shot of a buzzard high up in the sky earlier this week
B92D9A8A-B405-4B76-9E76-4D65F2497110.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom