Mobi365 JillyG’s Project 365 - 2021

Nice and cozy, isn’t it. We use ours almost every night in this time of the year. We still have “tons“ of wood from the storms
Yes, but it made the room sooooo hot, and this is the smallest logburner we could find.:rolleyes:
One my favorite things with our wood stove is when the fire is going and our windows are wide open. Ahhhh.

Yes, but it made the room sooooo hot, and this is the smallest logburner we could find.:rolleyes:
You need to perfect the art of the slowburn. Once you have it at heat, choke it down to the minimum and feed it sparingly. Let the ash build up over several days to further minimise air flow and also insulate the fire so heat builds up in the ash and keeps the fire warm for longer. Bonus points for keeping a fire going for days and only lighting it once at the start. You run the risk of smothering it completely so use the poker to burrow an air channel through the ash.
Apologies if I'm teaching you how to suck eggs.

You need to perfect the art of the slowburn. Once you have it at heat, choke it down to the minimum and feed it sparingly. Let the ash build up over several days to further minimise air flow and also insulate the fire so heat builds up in the ash and keeps the fire warm for longer. Bonus points for keeping a fire going for days and only lighting it once at the start. You run the risk of smothering it completely so use the poker to burrow an air channel through the ash.
I made a ten year in vivo study of same :) My record was five days. (I was aiming for a week, but on the fifth night I shut the door too fast and blew out the remaining embers:lmao:)

I made a ten year in vivo study of same :) My record was five days. (I was aiming for a week, but on the fifth night I shut the door too fast and blew out the remaining embers:lmao:)
Wow, I had no idea of the art of slowburning. How embarrassing for a person from the far north :oops: :D I must tell show this to my DH - he’s the fireman of the house :)

Wow, I had no idea of the art of slowburning. How embarrassing for a person from the far north :oops: :D I must tell show this to my DH - he’s the fireman of the house :)
I’ve passed this on to the housemaid that tends the fire. I’ll let you know how he goes on.:lol:

293/365

0BB6FF5D-37D8-430E-8DFE-06CE9C2FEDB9.jpeg

Rain was lashing down and running down the bifold doors, which made a great filter. I took this with Roger’s iPhone 13. DistressedFX for the edit.

299/365

5BF76B4A-B9EC-4D3B-A4BE-43259FD51014.jpeg

AC40595F-63ED-48BA-A675-18F49E632170.jpeg

This is Ozzy (taken with Rog’s iPhone 13). We picked him up today. He’s a Patterdale/Staffie cross and he’s adorable. We already love him to bits. We’ve no idea why someone would give him up and the people who gave him to the dog rescue centre lied about so many things, that nothing they said can be trusted. But we consider ourselves very fortunate to have him come into our lives. Expect lots of photos!!

299/365

View attachment 172721
View attachment 172722
This is Ozzy (taken with Rog’s iPhone 13). We picked him up today. He’s a Patterdale/Staffie cross and he’s adorable. We already love him to bits. We’ve no idea why someone would give him up and the people who gave him to the dog rescue centre lied about so many things, that nothing they said can be trusted. But we consider ourselves very fortunate to have him come into our lives. Expect lots of photos!!
Yay from another Patterdale cross home :)

299/365

View attachment 172721
View attachment 172722
He’s lovely :inlove: Noisy Neighbours also just got a new family member from a dog rescue centre. Slightly difficult for me who’s a bit afraid of dogs. I’ll have to try some CBT method. I apologise for thinking the Tuesday surprise would be a new phone:oops: Ozzy was much better! And, no, I didn’t get my phone today as they had promised

299/365

View attachment 172721
View attachment 172722
Awwww. Who’s a good boy?

299/365

View attachment 172721
View attachment 172722
My daughter had a British staffir that they also got from a rescue shelter. I was wary at first especially with small grandchildren but she has the most beautiful temperament

My daughter had a British staffir that they also got from a rescue shelter. I was wary at first especially with small grandchildren but she has the most beautiful temperament
Yes, pure Staffies are lovely - we had one for a long time. Not sure about crossing them with a Patterdale though. I’d be interested to hear if sinnerjohn John ever had any issues with aggression to other dogs (not John obvs :lol:).

He’s lovely :inlove: Noisy Neighbours also just got a new family member from a dog rescue centre. Slightly difficult for me who’s a bit afraid of dogs. I’ll have to try some CBT method. I apologise for thinking the Tuesday surprise would be a new phone:oops: Ozzy was much better! And, no, I didn’t get my phone today as they had promised
Where is that blasted iPhone?:mad:

Yes, pure Staffies are lovely - we had one for a long time. Not sure about crossing them with a Patterdale though. I’d be interested to hear if sinnerjohn John ever had any issues with aggression to other dogs (not John obvs :lol:).
Anything Patterdale, expect to live life at 100mph :lmao:

But different X Barney is a Patterdale/Cocker Spaniel, so 2 crazy breeds in one :rolleyes:
He never used to be at all aggressive toward other dogs, too friendly in some instances, when I had to go running after him as he'd seen another dog to greet on the other side of the field (his re-call has never been 100%).

BUT over the years he's been attacked by bigger dogs, with stupid unthinking owners and if he's approached now he will quite often show teeth and snap as a warning, but only if the dog is bigger, still great with smaller dogs and lets face it he lives with and is great friends with Yogi the cat.

He's 13 in January with a few health probs so he's slowed down now considerably. When he was younger you could take him on a marathon walk and after a quick nap he'd be at 100% battery again. So good luck :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom