Mobi366 JillyG’s Project 366 - 2020

009/365
Thursday 9th

Before and After

E1415F3A-710A-4438-A66D-2411657CB01A.jpeg

9E62705E-F3BF-4DAC-9199-0564EFDF52F8.jpeg

The carpet fitter came to fit the new carpet today. We finally got rid of the carpet moths (well, from the living room and hall anyway). It looks lovely and smells soooooo much better.
No edits.

009/365
Thursday 9th

Before and After

View attachment 153957

View attachment 153958

The carpet fitter came to fit the new carpet today. We finally got rid of the carpet moths (well, from the living room and hall anyway). It looks lovely and smells soooooo much better.
No edits.
Congratulations for getting rid of those little monsters! Looks nice and cosy :thumbs:

010/365
Friday 10th

9A39EFA0-998C-4248-A6E7-7B81EFBECDD5.jpeg

We went for a walk in the lovely sunshine today and I decided to test out my new fish eye lens.

29AB439F-7AE7-494B-A178-D45B3C85DB7A.jpeg

And the moon was amazing this evening. Didn’t really get the magnificence of it. I need a telescope and an adapter!!

010/365
Friday 10th

View attachment 153985
We went for a walk in the lovely sunshine today and I decided to test out my new fish eye lens.

View attachment 153986
And the moon was amazing this evening. Didn’t really get the magnificence of it. I need a telescope and an adapter!!
The moon seems huge at the moment, I tried this morning but it was rapidly sinking and I lost my chance.

010/365
Friday 10th

View attachment 153985

View attachment 153986

Fabulous! Amazing moon here too. I took some shots at moonrise with both my mobile and my superzoom compact. Also planet Venus was magnificent. Right now magical mystery moonlight on the frosty grass. -8 degrees

012/365
Sunday 12th

91C1C18E-D122-4764-8311-D53DF37B5EED.jpeg

I’ve started a pottery course which takes place in the next village, just a couple of miles away. I was advised to watch some You Tube videos and I have discovered tutes by Hsin-Cheun Lin, a Taiwanese/American potter. He makes his own tools from hacksaw blades and, today, my DH made me some too and here they are, together with a burnishing stone (of which I have many) and a pencil for drawing decorations. You can look forward to seeing some of my creations over the next few months!
Snapseed

012/365
Sunday 12th

View attachment 154046
I’ve started a pottery course which takes place in the next village, just a couple of miles away. I was advised to watch some You Tube videos and I have discovered tutes by Hsin-Cheun Lin, a Taiwanese/American potter. He makes his own tools from hacksaw blades and, today, my DH made me some too and here they are, together with a burnishing stone (of which I have many) and a pencil for drawing decorations. You can look forward to seeing some of my creations over the next few months!
Snapseed
Interesting and good image too.

012/365
Sunday 12th

View attachment 154046
Snapseed
Good teamwork and good luck with your coming projects :thumbs:

012/365
Sunday 12th

View attachment 154046
Snapseed
I‘ll be looking forward to your work. The students in the art class i’m assigned to are working in clay, coil pots. I was helping one of my students make coils the other day and the clay felt wonderfully cool in my hands. I was really wishing I could do the project, too.

I‘ll be looking forward to your work. The students in the art class i’m assigned to are working in clay, coil pots. I was helping one of my students make coils the other day and the clay felt wonderfully cool in my hands. I was really wishing I could do the project, too.
Yes, I made a coiled pot on Wednesday, and a plate, and then I was allowed onto the wheel. I made a bowl, which I’ll be refining on Wednesday. Everything takes a long time, but I like that about it. Nothing can be rushed.

012/365
Sunday 12th

View attachment 154046
Snapseed
So excited to see what you create! And how clever is Rog?? :notworthy: Interested to learn how you use the tools... Do you use the serrated part, the bent part or both?

So excited to see what you create! And how clever is Rog?? :notworthy: Interested to learn how you use the tools... Do you use the serrated part, the bent part or both?
He is VERY clever. :D You use the bent bit. It’s been sharpened so that it cuts the clay cleanly. The two straight ones are used for reducing the sides of pots when they’ve been left to dry leather hard, and also to excavate clay from the foot of the pot. If you leave the foot as one big lump, it’ll crack, either in the drying or the firing. You can also use them for “chattering” - putting decorations onto the side of pots, in conjunction with the wheel. The serrated bit can be used for decoration too.

He is VERY clever. :D You use the bent bit. It’s been sharpened so that it cuts the clay cleanly. The two straight ones are used for reducing the sides of pots when they’ve been left to dry leather hard, and also to excavate clay from the foot of the pot. If you leave the foot as one big lump, it’ll crack, either in the drying or the firing. You can also use them for “chattering” - putting decorations onto the side of pots, in conjunction with the wheel. The serrated bit can be used for decoration too.
I’ve always wanted to take a wheel pottery class... living vicariously through you!

013/365
Monday 13th

View attachment 154091
Messing about with polished pebbles and a fish bowl. :lol:
Snapseed (to remove some annoying leaves) and RNI Films
Cozy :thumbs: I’m trying to see what’s hiding in the reflection - some windows o course ;) but I think I see a shopping bag and oddly enough I vaguely see a ordinary camera at the mid left. Feels as if I’m spying:D - I’d better go to fetch some lost sleep:sleep:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom