Mobi366 JillyG’s Project 366 - 2020

View attachment 162961

I took the liberty of printing your lovely image to hang on my wall for a while. It's printed on a 13x19 inch sheet of a slightly warm and textured paper called Museum Etching. I upsized it with Pixelmator but didn't make any other edits, and it looks terrific!

Note: There's no rhyme or reason to the selection and arrangement of the prints. When I print something new I especially like, I use it to replace one of the older ones.
What a cool idea!!!

View attachment 162961

I took the liberty of printing your lovely image to hang on my wall for a while. It's printed on a 13x19 inch sheet of a slightly warm and textured paper called Museum Etching. I upsized it with Pixelmator but didn't make any other edits, and it looks terrific!

Note: There's no rhyme or reason to the selection and arrangement of the prints. When I print something new I especially like, I use it to replace one of the older ones.
You can take ”liberties” with my images any time you like. I’m pleased it pleases you. :hearteyes:

356/365
Monday 21st

AD1A7C18-BBDF-49CA-B8CF-F63F914D783B.jpeg

The most amazing encounter on my walk home - TWO otters messing about in the little brook. I heard a really loud, high-pitched whistle, and then another a bit further away. I thought they came from birds, but then I saw movement in the river and it was an otter. I didn’t have my phone ready and it disappeared, only to reappear further down the brook with another. I know it’s a terrible photo, and you’ll just have to trust me that there are two otters there. :rolleyes:

356/365
Monday 21st

View attachment 163006
The most amazing encounter on my walk home - TWO otters messing about in the little brook. I heard a really loud, high-pitched whistle, and then another a bit further away. I thought they came from birds, but then I saw movement in the river and it was an otter. I didn’t have my phone ready and it disappeared, only to reappear further down the brook with another. I know it’s a terrible photo, and you’ll just have to trust me that there are two otters there. :rolleyes:
Hah. Was there a bobcat nearby?

Both of these printers have been replaced with newer models (equally good or better, from all reports). You might find a Pro-100 or a Pro-10 at a knockdown price somewhere, or you might find they're out of stock everywhere.

The only major difference between Eva's Pro-100s and my Pro-10 is the type of ink: dye-based ink for hers, pigment-based ink for mine. Dye inks are generally a bit more vivid and a bit cheaper. Pigment inks have greater longevity and generally have deeper blacks on matte and textured papers. People who sell prints use pigment inks, but the Canon dye inks are quite good and unless you leave a print in direct sunlight all day every day, it'll probably outlive both of us. And I find the pigment inks produce colors that are plenty vivid enough for me.

When I printed a few of zenjenny's images, I found that the dye ink printer seemed to have a bit larger color gamut for handling the intense colors she sometimes uses. (No printer can reproduce the full range of colors a computer or iPad screen can, so sometimes you need to make a few adjustments before printing, depending on how picky you are.)

Umm... sorry about hijacking your thread, Jilly. :oops: I get excited when the talk turns to printing.
No problem.:thumbs:

356/365
Monday 21st

View attachment 163006
I’ve never seen an otter in the wild. Congratulations - we’re full of envy ;)

356/365
Monday 21st

View attachment 163006
How wonderful!

We managed to see a pair of platypus in Tasmania. We were given an idea of where they might be and lucky for us another couple spotted them otherwise no way would we have seen them. It was magic.

359/365
Thursday 24th

E455A01C-9A32-4203-A75B-B1736A5C499C.jpeg

It’s only a few days ago that, standing just here, I was watching two otters. Now, after about 24 hours of torrential rain, this is what the little Willow Brook looks like!

9F2F17DB-F651-47F0-A265-85C014AE02F9.jpeg

The brook has burst its banks and is running right across the path. No chance of wading through that.

Back
Top Bottom