jpclicks Project 365-2022

Erm... It's been some time since I poked into this, so I'm not sure I'm up to date. You can grab the URL of an image already posted and then use it to include the image elsewhere by reference. (Click the picture icon and then the link icon in the windoid that appears.) That saves you from having to upload it again and saves a little space on the server, but it takes about as much time as uploading and requires more steps.

I wish it were possible to have a more automatic collection of everything I've posted. Like you, I'd like to see it all in one place because there's no good way (that I know of) to search out all your own images.
Thanks terse. I'll give that linking bit a try at some point. Trying to stay organized ;)

Agreed, but you have to think that Mobitog isn't Flickr or Instagram, it takes a little more work, but ultimately its far more rewarding imho.
Just persevere, work out the areas that interest you most and concentrate on them for now.
Thanks sinnerjohn. I think that's good advice. My new mantra - "not flickr, not flickr".

Thanks. I live just outside of Boston in Needham.
OK, I would have guessed Minnesota or one of the other states that got a lot of Swedish immigrants in the late 19th century. In fact my grandma was born in the US. In Seattle though. But her parents died when she was three so she and her two older sisters were shipped back to Sweden where they were brought up by relatives.

Bocce Anyone?
10/365

Local park near me. Bocce appears to be closed for the Winter. Minimal edits in Snapseed.
Nice balls. Just an observation not a criticism, your chosen method of linking from an album means that your images can't be clicked on and brought up page centre and zoomed in etc. Try it with some other members images :thumbs:

Nice balls. Just an observation not a criticism, your chosen method of linking from an album means that your images can't be clicked on and brought up page centre and zoomed in etc. Try it with some other members images :thumbs:

Yes, I see what you mean. Hmmm. I was hoping to keep all my photos together. Is there a way to do a search for my/someone's photos across all threads?
----------
Yes! I went to Members, searched for me, and there's a Media tab on the menu. So I guess I don't have to keep all my photos in a Gallery if I can find them all easily.

Yes, I see what you mean. Hmmm. I was hoping to keep all my photos together. Is there a way to do a search for my/someone's photos across all threads?
----------
Yes! I went to Members, searched for me, and there's a Media tab on the menu. So I guess I don't have to keep all my photos in a Gallery if I can find them all easily.
Best to keep an eye on that. For me, it says 126 media items only, and they range from 2016 to 2019. I know I've posted way more than that, even in the given time period.

I wonder if it's possible to post an image in a thread and then use a link to put it in a gallery? I futzed with that a bit but couldn't find a way.

Best to keep an eye on that. For me, it says 126 media items only, and they range from 2016 to 2019. I know I've posted way more than that, even in the given time period.

I wonder if it's possible to post an image in a thread and then use a link to put it in a gallery? I futzed with that a bit but couldn't find a way.

I see that now. It's only listing some media but not all. I wonder if it's listing only the photos which are already in a Gallery and not photos simply in a thread. It's confusing. For me it displays the photos from my 365 Gallery but not others I added to the Black & White Challenge thread.

Yes, the media tab only displays images that are already in albums, not the ones in individual threads.

I've raised this issue before as I sometimes can't remember if I've already posted a certain image, but its a real hard slog to go through all the different threads to find if I have.

Its double the work but you could upload to a thread then upload the same image to an album to keep track. Ok if you are just starting out but hopeless if you have a few years worth to catch up on.

Last edited:
Yes, the media tab only displays images that are already in albums, not the ones in individual threads.

I've raised this issue before as I sometimes can't remember if I've already posted a certain image, but its a real hard slog to go through all the different threads to find if I have.

Its double the work but you could upload to a thread then upload the same image to an album to keep track. Ok if you are just starting out but hopeless if you have a few years worth to catch up on.
It's a dilemma.

It's a dilemma.
I do all my editing and uploading on an iPad, so I've been thinking I should start either tagging each photo I upload with #mobitog or putting them in a MobiTog album in Photos. That's not ideal, and I'd prefer to have them all in a gallery online where I could see them from any device, but it might work until something better comes along.

EDIT: And it doesn't help with collecting all the images I've already uploaded.

Last edited:
Winter Eve
11-365

34F82D8B-9396-4A33-AC2D-3E42AF16662D.png

Minimal edits in Snapseed then off to iColorama to Simplify. I entered the B&W version in this week's contest.

BTW I uploaded each one using the Attach files button. I've decided to forego linking from a Gallery.

Last edited:
I do all my editing and uploading on an iPad, so I've been thinking I should start either tagging each photo I upload with #mobitog or putting them in a MobiTog album in Photos. That's not ideal, and I'd prefer to have them all in a gallery online where I could see them from any device, but it might work until something better comes along.

EDIT: And it doesn't help with collecting all the images I've already uploaded.
I also do my editing and uploading from my iPad. One of the uploads is to my cloud storage which I recently decided would be my system of record. That way I can access my photos from my iOS devices and my Windows laptop.

Winter Eve
11-365

View attachment 175234
Minimal edits in Snapseed then off to iColorama to Simplify. I entered the B&W version in this week's contest.

BTW I uploaded each one using the Attach files button. I've decided to forego linking from a Gallery.
I like the tint better than the BnW. Both are still wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom