jpclicks Project 365-2022

The app I use most of the time for layering, masking, and blending is Leonardo, but it hasn't been updated in 3 years, so even though it still works, its days are numbered and it wouldn't be a good buy. Its successor is Superimpose X, which does the same layer/mask/blend things but is laid out a bit differently.

In SX, I set the pref to "use old interface" which gives me tool layouts and looks that are closer to Leonardo and so more familiar.

But other people probably have their own favorites. Starzee? zenjenny? JillyG? juryjone? ImageArt?

Me too use Superimpose X a lot. However the same developer released a new app called Pixanova. Perhaps he’s doing with SX as with Leonardo. I haven’t used Pixanova very much as I always forget that it exists. But it says you can have up to 24 layers

test pic here

Last edited:
The app I use most of the time for layering, masking, and blending is Leonardo, but it hasn't been updated in 3 years, so even though it still works, its days are numbered and it wouldn't be a good buy. Its successor is Superimpose X, which does the same layer/mask/blend things but is laid out a bit differently.

In SX, I set the pref to "use old interface" which gives me tool layouts and looks that are closer to Leonardo and so more familiar.

But other people probably have their own favorites. Starzee? zenjenny? JillyG? juryjone? ImageArt?
I have been using Leonardo lately to combine images for backgrounds. I like that I have all backgrounds in one place and it has very similar masking tool as SuperImpose.

I have been using Leonardo lately to combine images for backgrounds. I like that I have all backgrounds in one place and it has very similar masking tool as SuperImpose.
Yes, it's the masking tools in Leonardo I particularly like. Superimpose X has the same or almost the same, but I have to dig a little to get to them.

Me too use Superimpose X a lot. However the same developer released a new app called Pixanova. Perhaps he’s doing with SX as with Leonardo. I haven’t used Pixanova very much as I always forget that it exists. But it says you can have up to 24 layers

test pic here
Well, that’s a shame. Looks like it’s identical to SuperimposeX, but subscription. I have a real problem with apps that pull money from my pocket every month without constant new features that justify it.

For collaging, I use SuperimposeX or Leonardo. For texturing, I use iColorama, because I rarely need to manipulate individual texture layers independently.

What app would you suggest? Procreate?
Actually, I use both IC and Procreate. IC treats some blends a bit differently and because I started with this app for blending it tends to be my go to app for a quick blend. I find it much easier to experiment with the different blends and quick to change the opacity.

I like SketchClub‘s multiple layers and multiple undo fx.
Not better or worse than Procreate and iColorama, just different. I think SC is one of the AppStore‘s best-kept secrets. Especially since its most recent update, well worth a look.
It used to be my top drawing app too until I became proficient in Procreate. I used to love the sketchy brush and I think it might still be my favourite for line work although it’s sort of been off my radar. Thanks for reminding me Jen.

Vaca Day 1
29/365

F1DD51E5-8BAA-46A3-B826-ABEBE4F48D27.jpeg

Snapseed.

It used to be my top drawing app too until I became proficient in Procreate. I used to love the sketchy brush and I think it might still be my favourite for line work although it’s sort of been off my radar. Thanks for reminding me Jen.
Sorry to hijack jpclicks Jeff’s thread, and sorry to complicate things but Infinite Painter (another favorite layering, blending, painting app) has a Sketchy Brush along with some other interesting brushes under the Harmony heading.
883213CA-92E8-42F1-815B-87178C30549B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom