MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
71693AC3-CFBF-4BFF-812B-4AEE8A53640F.jpeg

View from the entrance to our local shopping centre (‘mall’ for US people) a few hours ago.
Likely the usual little ratbags with more matches than sense.
It’s quite close, we‘re on evacuation alert and the local pool 500m away is closed (sotospeak) to be open for evacuees.
But we can’t even smell smoke because the east wind is angling it just a smidgeon north.

This is nothing like last year’s fires on our east coast, or the fires across California. This is a normal sight at least once a fortnight somewhere in the suburbs of my dry State. Two weeks ago, a fire was deliberately lit down the end of my road. Land and air firefighters were there within 20 minutes, while the fire was still contained in a 10m radius. Then the east wind picked up, flung the sparks across two main roads and with two hundred people and god knows how much machinery fighting the fires, 200ha was burned in less than 12 hours.

View attachment 163835

View from the entrance to our local shopping centre (‘mall’ for US people) a few hours ago.
It’s quite close, we‘re on evacuation alert and the local pool 500m away is closed (sotospeak) to be open for evacuees.
But we can’t even smell smoke because the east wind is angling it just a smidgeon north.

This is nothing like last year’s fires on our east coast, or the fires across California. This is a normal sight at least once a fortnight somewhere in the suburbs of my dry State. Two weeks ago, a fire was deliberately lit down the end of my road. Land and air firefighters were there within 20 minutes, while the fire was still contained in a 10m radius. Then the east wind picked up, flung the sparks across two main roads and with two hundred people and god knows how much machinery fighting the fires, 200ha was burned in less than 12 hours.
I suppose one “gets used to” this, but I don’t see how. So frightening! Constantly fearful that your home and everything in it could be burned away... plus all the poor animals. :( Sending ❤️❤️❤️

Stupid idiots that do it on purpose?!?! :angry: With probably no way to get caught.

View attachment 163835

Unfortunately downunder we have the same problem, like California, with horrific bushfires a bit less than half are believed to have been deliberately lit.

Back
Top Bottom